First OSx86 Build a great Success!

uuufo

1 post in this topic

This is my first post on these forums, and I'd like to start by saying THANKS to everybody

who posts here and shares their knowledge and experiences here. I have seen how deep

the rabbit hole goes, and it is a crazy place!

I recently finished building my first hackintosh, which has taken the place of my iBook G4 1.33ghz.

(which will be on ebay soon)

I was always a PC guy, and did the repairs and builds for friends, until Windows just got too annoying.

All PCs and parts around the house went bye bye, and I stopped agreeing to fix peoples broken windows,

when someone would call about a problem I started saying "just toss it and buy a mac" :(

Someday I will get a new MacBook, but this is great until I can afford that :)

Anyway,,, here is what I used:

JaS 10.4.7 Install DVD

ASUS T2-PH1 Barebone System (GMA900 Patch during install QE/CI/OpenGL Fully Supported)

Intel Celeron D 346 3.06 Ghz (OSX shows 3.6) 533Mhz Bus

pqi POWER Series 1GB (PC 3200) RAM Model MD441GUOE

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology

TRENDnet TEW-443PI 32bit PCI2.2 108Mbps 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter

19" AG Neovo LCD Monitor (was already running the iBook thru this using firmware hack)

All is working out of the box (Sound, Ethernet, USB, Card Reader, haven't tried firewire)

USB or PS/2 Keyboard works, also my Tascam US-122 (clicked Sound Blaster USB during install

and just installed drivers from tascam's site) except wireless had to do this:

Click wireless patch during install, then copy IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext

(from 10.4.5?, i downloaded from a post on this forum), repair permissions, reboot

goto Networking System Prefs, configure new Airport, reboot again and got Airport Icon.

I have done this several times and works everytime.

It is much faster than the iBook, and the case looks good in my studio too.

Myth II 1.6 runs great, and when (if) Cubase 4 gets cracked, I will get to destroy my xp partition!

Thanks again, hope this will help someone else out looking for knowledge.