ATI Radeon HD 4650 Kext for Mavericks 10.9.5

CC_333

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have managed to upgrade my Hackintosh, but now I need to update this driver for my Radeon HD 4650.

I have one for 10.9.4 which I will try, but I want to know if there exists a version for 10.9.5. In my searches, I've found drivers for the Mobility version, but this is for a desktop/PCIe x16 card, so I doubt those would work.

So, if anyone can either provide me a kext for the desktop 4650, or point me in the direction of one, I'd greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: I installed the 10.9.4 kexts, and they appear to be working 100%! Nevertheless, is there's any reason I should have 10.9.5-specific kexts?

c

Hmm, might give it a try.

I still like the notion of having properly modified kexts for native operation without help from whatever bootloader I have, though.

c

Mee too. Bootloader patching never works for me on multiple machines :D

// Will try to patch it for you now

Excellent! Thank you very much!

I recently upgraded my Hackintosh from a C2D E8400 to a C2E QX6850, and it's now experiencing some odd graphical glitches and inconsistent slowness. Maybe this driver will fix it?

Underclocking seems to help some, but I'm wondering if maybe some framework or maybe the kernel needs to be patched? OS X sees it as a Xeon of some sort (which, save for some special features specific to the C2E, it is probably otherwise equivalent to), so I'm not sure....

I'll probably post a new topic pertaining to this if I can't figure it out on my own.

In the meantime, I'll go try out the newly-patched drivers and see how they work!

c

It seems to behave the same without those things, but I'll try again (I am using the proper DSDT for my board, however, so I sorta doubt it's the problem).

I'll see about spoofing the CPU ID. This same configuration works perfectly under Windows, so I'm strongly inclined to believe the CPU is OK, and OS X is somehow not registering it 100% correctly, so this very well might be the solution.

c