Problems Power Off and Reboot Asus Rampage II Gene

LuisImpreza

166 posts in this topic

Your mobo is UEFI compatible?

Launch Pandora post-install, choose The USB stick as target and reinstall Clover, follow images attached

attachicon.gifSchermata 2016-01-14 alle 23.27.24.png

attachicon.gifSchermata 2016-01-14 alle 23.27.51.png

If doesn't work choose boot0ss

If doesn't work choose Enoch bootloader, at the end relaunch Pandora post-install and choose Clover Legacy with settings as a pictures

My Motherboard not is UEFI.

I test reinstall clover and see changes

Thanks friend

Yes!!!! Repair problem! Now installer in new HDD :)

Thank you very very very much!!!!!!!!! :)

Soon new notices!

• Like 1

Hi friend Carbo, really thank you very very much for all your help, My new yosemite work best, more fast and i hope 0 problems, only various problems jeje:

1: Now yes reboot, but no power off, I press power off and system reboot

2: Clover and chameleon not installed in my hdd, not understand.

3: Now install driver nvidia and kext PS2 why not work, i use keyboard PS2, is very good, not problem, I install kext and not need help jeje

4: How not have boot installed, you recommend me chameleon, clover?

5: Not more problems

Thanks companion!!!!! :)

Now put DSDT attached in post#26 into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched, rename the file DSDT1.aml, don't reboot, send me config.plist

I install clover in boot0ss and theme pandora only and install, but not load system :(

Load system and not load, image black to apple but not load

I enter for safe mode and not enter...

I test now to USB installer

To USB yes load companion

Thanks Carbo

I send file original clover create what you need my companion.

Thanks great friend

post-1502600-0-66681900-1452905679_thumb.jpg

post-1502600-0-18743300-1452906401_thumb.jpg

config.plist.zip

I noted the recommendation for the Vanilla install. At first, ages ago, that looked so tedious. Don't we just want to throw in a disk. But what a load of garbage these distros all seemed to be for me. Bad burns? Do I just have a weird system? But then I tested one out with my hack or some such and the Mavericks installer... Never go back. System is smooth. I know what has been changed to get it going and if Apple throws me a curve, I more than likely can back step and get back going again. Distros sometimes, giving the benefit of the doubt, are just not set up for "Your" machine, but more than likely, are loaded with {censored} and are scooping your info....   Try the vanilla way and you will never go back.    And, it is much easier than it seems. Loads of tutorials. OS X.9.5 was a bit more complex than the original, but stepping up to the challenge through the earlier versions made it a smooth run...

And I am proud to be a part of a crowd that reaches out to help so much. Good work guys.

• Like 1

Copy/paste in the HD the EFI folder you use in the USB and retry the boot

Hi friend, done, now yes boot correct! :)

Now next step copy DSDT in folder EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and rename for DSDT1correct yes?

And now not send file not?

Thanks my companion

Copy DSDT.aml (renamed DSDT1.aml) in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched, rename my last config.plist (post #60) config1plist, copy/paste in the EFI/CLOVER folder

Reboot, when boot screen appear go to Options.

The first voice you see is Config:config

Change to Config:config1 (down arrow, enter, add 1 , enter)

Go to DSDT Fix Mask (enter)

The first voice is DSDT:DTDT.aml

Change to DSDT:DSDT1.aml (down arrow, enter, left arrow 4 places, add 1 , enter)

Press Esc when you go back to main boot screen, choose the System and boot

Post a pic in case of errors or block

• Like 1

Copy DSDT.aml (renamed DSDT1.aml) in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched, rename my last config.plist (post #60) config1plist, copy/paste in the EFI/CLOVER folder

Reboot, when boot screen appear go to Options.

The first voice you see is Config:config

Change to Config:config1 (down arrow, enter, add 1 , enter)

Go to DSDT Fix Mask (enter)

The first voice is DSDT:DTDT.aml

Change to DSDT:DSDT1.aml (down arrow, enter, left arrow 4 places, add 1 , enter)

Press Esc when you go back to main boot screen, choose the System and boot

Post a pic in case of errors or block

When I change config for config1 automatically change in config , not can change, DSDT1 yes, not problem, but not power off, I press button power off and reboot, not power off.

Thanks companion

When you choose options and highlight the config string, the right sequence is enter-1-enter-esc

I renamed for file config1 for config-1 and DSDT1 for DSDT-1 but in menu gui, change automatically forever, I enter in config and renamed in menu how config-1 press enter and only change for config ...

Not understand why ...

Thanks companion

Ok, make a backup of your config.plist.

Put my last config.plist and DSDT (no one rename) in the folder of HD and reboot, if the system doesn't boot you can use the USB stick for restore original config.plist and delete DSDT

• Like 1

Ok, make a backup of your config.plist.

Put my last config.plist and DSDT (no one rename) in the folder of HD and reboot, if the system doesn't boot you can use the USB stick for restore original config.plist and delete DSDT

Ok my friend carbo

I tes now, two minutes!

Thanks!!!!! :)

Good notices and bad notices, I copy config.plist in folder clover and DSDT in patched, not rename, now I reboot and load system but long time and when finish, computer power off :o ( image 1 and image 2 )

I try load for USB and same problem.

Not load now :(

I try for safe mode and same problem ( image 3 )

I reinstall mac OS X , very problems. I install new not problem ;)

Thanks companion

post-1502600-0-50972500-1453051370_thumb.jpg

post-1502600-0-16038400-1453051388_thumb.jpg

post-1502600-0-25971300-1453052566_thumb.jpg

I don't understand why your system doesn't boot with USB stick, you haven't copied my config plist and dsdt in this place, right?

From verbose i see errors in file system, with disk repair.

Have you changed something?

• Like 1

I don't understand why your system doesn't boot with USB stick, you haven't copied my config plist and dsdt in this place, right?

From verbose i see errors in file system, with disk repair.

Have you changed something?

Do not worry, i reinstall ok not problems.

Tomorrow try put you files.

Thanks companion

Try only config.plist, you can try later the DSDT

Hi my friend, sorry, hard day for me...

I test now and only copy config.plist and reboot, load error in black image to logo apple, load very time and not load full.

I copy folder complete clover USB, perfect load, copy you config.plist and now perfect load, and copy DSDT in ACPI/Patched and load perfect not problem, system nothing problems, now not install in system driver PS2 and driver Nvidia, first test boot ok.

Reboot ok but power off not work

Next step carbo? 

thank you very very much companion :)

I surrender, i don't know why your system don't shutdown.

Maybe the problem is the graphic card, have you tried without nVidia web drivers?

If, now not drivers installed, only the drivers Ralink WiFi card, when I install the drivers for the Graphic card is always from the official website of nvidia, I'm sure the problem off, is the processor. Because when the other day at startup went crazy with the DSDT and config.plist file, the system broke down, but do not know if the DSDT file or config.plist, getting off the system. Thanks for everything mate, you do not know how much I appreciate your help

Have you put also SSDT in Patched?

You can create your ssdt with ssdtprgen:

Open terminal and copy/paste this code:

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh

When download is end:

chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

~/ssdtPRGen.sh

Follow screen instructions, You find SSDT.aml in Youruser/Library/SSdtprgen

Copy/paste the file in Patched folder

• Like 1

Have you put also SSDT in Patched?

You can create your ssdt with ssdtprgen:

Open terminal and copy/paste this code:

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh

When download is end:

chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

~/ssdtPRGen.sh

Follow screen instructions, You find SSDT.aml in Youruser/Library/SSdtprgen

Copy/paste the file in Patched folder

Yes Carbo, forever DSDT in folder ACPI/Patched

Thanks my companion, terminal error, I know problem power off for CPU, you see my friend.

I send to you image error and file created

thanks

Capture terminal.tiff

ssdtPRGen.sh.zip