Overview of all possible Clover boot flags

analogo

14 posts in this topic

Ok, but I think, you know, what I mean.. I´m using for example -v npci=0x2000, etc.

Where I can find a complete overview of boot flags, which Clover (Clover configurator) can use?

• 4 weeks later...

verbose mode (-v) -V boot

arch=i386 not useful for vanllia

arch=x86_64

slide=0 Needed for 10.8

darkwake=0 for setting the "Deep sleep" mode in Lion/ML

npci=0x2000 PCI Configuration Fix

npci=0x3000 PCI Configuration Fix

dart=0 fix VT-x/VT-d

nvda_drv=1 enable NVIDIA web driver

nv_disable=1 disable NVIDIA

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The best way to see what currently allowed boot arguments XNU has is to grab the code for the most recently released version of XNU on Apple's repository. Once you have it cloned, `grep`(1) through the code for:

PE_parse_boot_arg

and you'll have most of them. It's pointless to generate a list of them since more are added, so generating a list of current ones is the best way to answer the question.

• Like 1

Some flags are not managed by kernel. They managed by boot.efi. "slide=0", "Kernel=mach_kernel", ...

"npci=0x2000" is a flag managed by IOPCIFamily.kext

"nva_drv=1" is a flag managed by Nvidia WEB drivers.

The best way to see what currently allowed boot arguments XNU has is to grab the code for the most recently released version of XNU on Apple's repository. Once you have it cloned, `grep`(1) through the code for:

PE_parse_boot_arg

and you'll have most of them. It's pointless to generate a list of them since more are added, so generating a list of current ones is the best way to answer the question.

Having the list does'n mean you know what they mean.

"-f" managed by Chameleon. Has no sense with Clover.

• 1 year later...