what PCMCIA Wireless network card works?

7 posts in this topic

Well as the title said. I am looking to buy a new plug-in newwork card for my laptop, i think PCMCIA is the name... and as i have just recently bought the W-500gp router from asus i would like a network card with afterburner technology.

as i am rather new to this OS X thingy i would like the card to run natively :(

i really hope you can help me out. i have looked in several threads, including the "what network cards work" however its really tricky to find out whether or not they have afterburner technology...

and btw. thanks for a great forum!!!

Well as the title said. I am looking to buy a new plug-in newwork card for my laptop, i think PCMCIA is the name... and as i have just recently bought the W-500gp router from asus i would like a network card with afterburner technology.

as i am rather new to this OS X thingy i would like the card to run natively :)

i really hope you can help me out. i have looked in several threads, including the "what network cards work" however its really tricky to find out whether or not they have afterburner technology...

and btw. thanks for a great forum!!!

Hi,

I run a Dell D610 with a Gigabyte Wiag-02 minipci card.

I solved all my networkproblems.

I run the PCCARD Linksys WPC54GS w/afterburner on my IBM X31 towards my Linksys WRT54GS access point. After getting the PCcard slot to work (use IOPCIfamily 1.8 - the one in 10.4.4), the Linksys card was automatically detected as Airport Extreme. Doesn't seem like I can find out in OSX whether the afterburner feature is enabled, though.

best,

zbob

I run the PCCARD Linksys WPC54GS w/afterburner on my IBM X31 towards my Linksys WRT54GS access point. After getting the PCcard slot to work (use IOPCIfamily 1.8 - the one in 10.4.4), the Linksys card was automatically detected as Airport Extreme. Doesn't seem like I can find out in OSX whether the afterburner feature is enabled, though.

best,

zbob

thanks. :thumbsdown_anim:

looks just like the card i need then. Well the afterburner technology really isn't that important in OS X. It is more because i also use XP, and I would like to be able to have full advantage of my network card i both OS X and XP :P

Well , i heard its possible with the broadcom card. Trust me , apple has enabled it in OSX. I have read it somewhere that an airport update has enabled it. You should go with Linksys WPC54GS...OSX detects it automagically