repanas

Mavericks Login Screen Gone, Black screen with white dash upper left corner

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Two weeks ago I was cleaning my system from old and unused drivers and leftovers and it looks like that I deleted something that was crucial.

Using UninstallPKG I removed unused Printer drivers, Old Dj Controllers, TeamViewer, RedGiant Components, LeagueOfLegends leftovers, LogMeIn leftovers, and more...

My System:

-------------

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) "Core i7" 2.2Ghz, 15-Inch, dual graphics processors -- an AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor that shares 384 MB of memory with the system.

Description Source:

--------------------------------

THE STORY:

--------------

- Bought my MacBook in July 2011, I updated to Lion OSX in July 2011 and since then I was just upgrading, never did a clean install.

- Two years ago using BootCamp I installed Win8, which suddenly after a while messed up my bootloader, and the only way I was able to boot into my system was by:

-- using Command+S (single-user mode)

-- /sbin/mount -uw /

-- exit

to proceed to login screen. If i avoid CMD+S, Apple's logo appears then the loading bar + the spinning wheel and after a while eventually the system hangs, and it shutdown.

- Since then using fsck my disk prints out disk0s2: I/O error... (I know that my disk might have some bad sectors, or maybe is failing, but my files are still there, I can still access them via terminal)

Now my System, OS X Mavericks cannot boot and it stuck at a black screen with a flashing vertical white dash in the upper left corner, in which every 10 seconds is doing some kind of refresh trying to load stuff and it shows the cursor for just 1 second, or less.

I believe that behind the black screen, Login Screen does not exist because:

- I can occasionally see in an instance the cursor with a grey screen.

- Commands appear occasionally on the black screen where the white flashing dash is (SMC, en0, etc)

- Commands also appear sometime if I close the lid and re-open it after a while

- I have tried to press the power button and after the button S (read somewhere that it should Sleep), never happened.

[TRIED EVERYTHING]

- Reset PRAM

- Reset SMC

- Deleted the /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

- Tried to access Hardware Diagnostic, never started

- Tried boot using Left Shift, never booted

- Tried Recovery Mode, CMD + R

-- Verifying permissions, but cannot repair permissions

-- Verifying disk, but cannot repair disk

-- Tried resetpassword using Utilities-> Terminal, cannot save a new password

- Tried second screen using Thunderbolt->HDMI with now luck, the screen is white

My next step is to buy a Thunderbolt cable and connect it to another mac and see if i can repair the permissions and or repair the disk using the second mac.

I have my some files backed up, but there are a lot on-going projects with 3rd party plugins, so I want to try my best to make it boot!

Any other ideas guys? I am dying here

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685
        Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Install Clover in USB stick UEFI mode https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace Folder CLOVER INSTALLATION.zip   --Install System and boot with USB STICK! --Install Clover in UEFI mode and replace with my folder  Mavericks / Yosemite CLOVER Mavericks-Yosemite.zip El Capitan / Sierra CLOVER El Capitan-Sierra.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   Bingo!   Now you need a fine tune! I prefer DSDT way, apply all patches in one file, many people prefer many SSDTs or Clover patches! If you need DSDT edit... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generate in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609    --DSDT My DSDT DSDT.Asus Z97M-PLUS.zip   Patches  -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -SLPB -EHCx -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -HDMI -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -PNLF --SSDT Generate your SSDT Power Management, use ssdtPRGen Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha run in terminal curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh ssdtPRGen.command.zip

--SSDT i74790K
      SSDT.i7 4790K.zip

--IOREG
      iMac.ioreg.zip

Clear NVRAM, Purge and Kextcache Olarila.command.zip   stock coolerand Rio 40º    --FakeSMC http://www.hwsensors.com/releases --Audio http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/ --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/   Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
    • By sskgaiqny
      Hi guys ,i have a problem with my graphics card ati 7850(1GB/Sapphire).
      1. When I start the system in Safe Boot mode(Clover Bootarg=-x), the graphics card (HD7850) is running normally.
      2. But when I start the system in normal mode,the system is blank screen.(I confirm that the signal output, see the screen because there is light.)

I am already done:
      1. I have been  tried Whatevergreen+Lilu,but the problem remains.
      2. I also have been tried patch up Framebuffer,bue still black screen

Can anyone help me!!!  Many Thinks

I use CLOVER version is r4760. Only FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other folder.

My computer configuration:
      OS: MacOS 10.13.6 /Windows 10 CPU: Intel Q9550 @ 2.83GHz,  MOBO: Gigabyte  P43-ES3G (Intel ICH10),  GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 (1 GB/Sapphire ) RAM:8GB DDR2 Ethernet: RealtekRTL8111 Sound: ALC888 radeon_bios_decode  give the following result:
      ATOM BIOS Rom: SubsystemVendorID: 0x174b SubsystemID: 0xe221 IOBaseAddress: 0x0000 Filename: 221P0300.S04 BIOS Bootup Message: C40304 PITCAIRN PRO A1 GDDR5 32MX32 1GB PCI ID: 1002:6819 Connector at index 0 Type [@offset 43408]: DisplayPort (10) Encoder [@offset 43412]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21) i2cid [@offset 43518]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1 Connector at index 1 Type [@offset 43418]: HDMI-A (11) Encoder [@offset 43422]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21) i2cid [@offset 43545]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3 Connector at index 2 Type [@offset 43428]: DVI-D (3) Encoder [@offset 43432]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20) i2cid [@offset 43572]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5 Connector at index 3 Type [@offset 43438]: DVI-I (2) Encoder [@offset 43442]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e) i2cid [@offset 43609]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6 Connector at index 4 Type [@offset 43448]: DVI-I (2) Encoder [@offset 43452]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15) i2cid [@offset 43609]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6 redsock_bios_decoder give the following result:
      221P0300.S04: C40304 PITCAIRN PRO A1 GDDR5 32MX32 1GB Subsystem Vendor ID: 174b Subsystem ID: e221 Object Header Structure Size: 355 Connector Object Table Offset: 48 Router Object Table Offset: 0 Encoder Object Table Offset: fd Display Path Table Offset: 12 Connector Object Id [19] which is [DISPLAY_PORT] encoder obj id [0x21] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x12 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x4)] linkb: false Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A] encoder obj id [0x21] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x22 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x5)] linkb: true Connector Object Id [4] which is [DVI_D] encoder obj id [0x20] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x11 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x2)] linkb: false Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I] encoder obj id [0x1e] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY (osx txmit 0x10 [duallink 0x0] enc 0x0)] linkb: false Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I] encoder obj id [0x15] which is [INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false  
      7850.rom
      connector.txt
      redsock.txt
      config.plist
      DSDT(iasl4.0).aml
      iMac( export from safe mode).ioreg
    • By FZSX
      Hello, im FZ, been in hackintosh community since mac os X lion years. Please consider me noob. i have helped hackintoshed pc of my friends and family. i ran el capitan, sierra, high sierra on below spec.
      I lost some interest in hackintoshing from past 1 year now im back again cuz of mojave.
      Lets start.

I posted this issue in Nvidia Topic for discussion but decided not to post until i could get some bug log out of it... but. eh.

Well ive Kepler based gt 710 card.
      Issues:
      Black Screen when booting with default drivers or nvda_drv=1 mode
      OR
      White/Grey Screen with 1 sec mouse movement then freezed keyboard and mouse with nv_disable=1.

Tested:
      tried numerous ways to boot Mojave but does not works such as >
      High Sierra/Sierra default Apple geforce nvda kexts, High Sierra Web Drivers, various clover configs, display edids, HDMI dvi port tests... so on.

Specs:
      Tri Boot Setup:
      Windows 10, Sierra(gt 710 works OOB, or with Web Drivers too), Mojave.
      ASUS P5G41TM LX
      Core2Duo E8500
      Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 710 2GB

I couldn't managed to get logs as half part of installation is still incomplete i.e Mojave installed from USB to HDD after but cant get into login/setup screen due to above mentioned black screen issue.

I will try to be as detailed as possible.

i had no mac device or any macos dmg/iso to install mojave so performed some steps in windows.

Steps i performed:
      1. I downloaded Mojave 10.14.1 tar file from Olarila.com which is a complete raw image of Mojave USB stick as the post title says **The image is clean, without any mod with Clover bootloader, essentials kexts and patches inside Clover folder**. Which comes with this OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip which i backed up(see attachment OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip)
      2. made usb in windows with win32diskimager
      3. booted from usb and got kernel panic(i dont know which panic it is, see pic) 
      4. swapped usb EFI folder with Olarila Clover EFI for LGA 775 (see attachment CLOVER.LGA775.OLARILA.zip)
      5. booted from usb susccesfully till install screen but throws macOs Mojave could not be installed on this computer
      6. i was fed up trying workarounds , i knew i need newer mac ids in clover config.plist to make it install 
      7. i downloaded Olarila Sierra from same site flashed in another usb stick and it worked out of box without messing any kext or kind.
      8. added SMBIOS iMac13,1 in config.plist with clover configurator. 
      9. booted from usb and succesfully installed Mojave with HFS+ partition on MBR partitioned HDD(dual booting with windows 10) 
      10. booted from usb to complete partial installation of Mojave but got black screen. 

For getting all kernel, bug, kext logs i tried Problem Reporting script of black-dragon74 https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug which requires active internet connection which is not possible, I tried to mod the script to run local but im not good at bash and it went in errors. I will do provide mojave logs manually from single user -x mode if i can. 
      Ok I managed to run the script locally in single go and it went well problem_reporting_mojave10_14_1_debug_27676.zip
      if any wants to have a look at script i modded gen_debug_local.sh

___
      some other files
      Patched DSDT.aml.zip
      currentCloverEFI.zip
      /CLOVER/misc.zip
      EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.zip
      problem_reporting_mojave10_14_1_debug_27676.zip

___
      UPDATE: Mojave 10.14.1 running successfully with some graphic glitches.
      Here's what i did in short.
      1. Patched official app store mojave with dosdude1 mojave patcher tool.
      2. Only used its Post Install app with iMac 10,1 config(see pic) to patch already installed Olarila's Mojave(above 1 - 10 steps) with same currentCloverEFI.zip
      3. Restarted and it all went well.

Detailed(it will confuse u, ignore/skim it.):
      1. Downloaded official app store mojave
      2. used crazybirdy's mojave mbr patcher tool (MBR-Manual-Method-20181108.dmg) with manual install.
      3. when installing it went in errors related to "OSInstall.mpkg".
      4. i had few options such as
      use automatic mbr patcher tool(MBR-Auto-Method14-20181108.dmg) upgrade from high sierra try dosdude1 patcher on official app store mojave 5. i did the above short steps(step no2) at first try. enough tats it.

(attaching working mojave files...)
      Attached log files
      see post#3 mojave-working.zip
    • By Dmitry R
      Hi guys, stuck on problem of switching on my TV back from off state. I have asus H270f strix mobo with i7-6700K CPU (HD530), Clover 4722 and latest whatevergreen and lilu. I installed 10.14.1 on it and it works fine.  the m/b has dp, hdmi and dvi on board. I'm using dp + dp<->hdmi adapter to connect my mac to 4k tv which I'm using as a primary monitor. This connection supports 4k@60hz and I'm happy with the detailed and sharp picture I see on my tv. The problem is that when I get out for a while then, when I come back, I see my tv turned off by timeout and when I turn it back on, I see only the black screen. The computer works, I prevented it from going to sleep. To see the picture again on my tv I have to go to another computer, then, using screen sharing, I have to connect to my computer and then I have to choose couple of times different refresh rates in System Preferences -> Displays. After that I go back to my tv, see the picture and can continue to work. I made a edid report for my tv. may be somebody knows how to use this data to make my mac to wake up the tv correct way?
      Thank you, Dmitry
      43UHD_LCD_TV.txt.zip