Clover won't boot Windows or Linux

Crabhunter

3 posts in this topic

Whilst Clover is happily booting my El Capitan partition it won't boot Windows or Linux although a usb installer with Chameleon will (But not El Cap)

Due to restrictions in my bios I have had to go for a legacy/mbr setup which you'd think would be the easiest for a boot loader to work with.

Clover does list the Windows and Linux entries but when I select them I end up with a white square and that's it.

Is Clover able to boot other partitions in a setup like this?

Mike

You have to install win /linux in a GUID formatted HD/SSD, even if you have legacy bios. In my desktop in signature I have both OSX and windows in same HD and clover legacy is able to boot them all.

If you have all OS in one hard disk, format it with disk utility, choosing GPT table and 2 or 3 partitions formatted in ExFAT. Then install windows first formatting it's partition in NTFS (using windows USB /DVD installation) before install. If you install linux have care to install GRUB in linux partition and not in EFI. Then you install OSX and install clover in EFI choosing "boot0s" in options.