Urgent: surface pro unable to boot from usb

nd33

3 posts in this topic

Hi,
I am fairly new to hackintoshing, and I'm 12. I successfully put os x 10.10 on a surface pro 128 gig with an i5. I used clover boot loader and erased the whole drive when I installed os x. I wanted to put windows back on, being that the Wi-Fi card is not compatible with os x. I used a fat32 formatted usb and put the windows 10 recovery files from Microsoft on it. for some reason ever since I installed clover it takes about an extra 10 seconds after hitting the power button of just a black screen. but when I boot the surface, holding the volume down and usb plugged in it brings me to the red screen that says surface, then flashes black and brings me to the same red screen, except it says this right under the surface logo= loading clover boot loader 3015. then it goes straight to clover. the usb flashes for a couple times while booting, but that's it. I am not able to boot windows from clover either. I think that clover is somehow overriding the boot from usb feature on the surface. if there is any way I can remove clover or wipe the drive to reinstall windows, please tell me. any Ideas? thanks

Hi there and welcome to InsanelyMac,

pretty young but rocking, wow!

btw to make a working bootable windows installer you have to create it for UEFI or it will not boot at all. To do so you can use Rufus and choose MBR partition scheme for UEFI computer.

UEFI-bootable-USB-of-Windows-10.png

Then boot using the volume down button.  Take a look here.

Then after the installation you can re-enable secure boot.

:yes:

P.s.

to believe that you are 12 we need an ID :P