Oh No, big troubles with the 10.4.7 JaS ISO install :O

tomkiwi

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, i'm in abit of a pickle... I installed my Jas repack ISO 10.4.7 DVD onto my PCs 2nd partition (MAc OS X EXTENDED) and all went well until the end of the installation. The little circle kept on spinning for an hour when i clicked restart and nothing happened. Then disaster struck :o I can no longer boot onto my Windows XP partition, even tho i didnt touch it during the installation process. My comp boots up and comes up with the message :Insert system software., boot from a CD (this is when the CD drive is empty...

Anyway, can someone please help me out with this problem? I have alot of music that i can't afford to lose :).

offtopic: My imac also froze, due to a dodgy patch for frontrow, i can't seem to find a way to restore my 10.4.8 to an earlier date :). I have a 10.4.2 ibook macosx disk and a 10.3 OS X imac disk... any suggestions?

Sorry to post this here guys but you all know alot about this kind of stuff and i've been on google for too long!

Thanks heaps,

Tom

Did you choose the right patches when installing JaS Dvd?

Also, what are your hardware specs? (Espacially the CPU)

Did you install Acronis OS selector before you tried to install Mac OS X?

I used the AMD version and i checked all my hardware and it all checked out, i'm kinda lost here cause i dont see the cause or fix for this problem... sorry i can't explain anymore, but i ran the install about 5 times and got the same problem each time. Ive seen someone else post about the restart freeze here but he was using the intel iso

Well, at least here is the info to make your XP partition the active partition.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

For the Mac OS part, I can't help any further, since you claimed that you've checked the right patches in the installation options..