Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD3H El Capitan Success.

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys I would just like to share my El Capitan Success with owners of the same motherboard as mine..It is basically very simple thanks to Chris1111 and Friends..Clover El Capitan V5 usb tool found and can be downloaded here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/page-1

Creation of USB Installer is simple..make sure u have 16gb or more usb thumb drive.Plug it in the usb 2.0 ports for Installation of course.Download El Capitan from app store it would be in applications folder.All u need to do is fire up usb tool from chris and of course follow the guide at the link above.

After u install and restart hopefully ok I have posted 2 pictures of what the settings should look like for Post Installation also this particular motherboard.Remember to select ''Clover Post''.If u encounter failed installation..Just install each of them one at a time..and not all together ok..

clover_post.jpg

post_installer_1.jpg

post_installer_2.jpg

After that u just reboot and of course select your el capitan hardrive.You should see clover screen..Just hit Enter or Alternatively You can hit the space bar on your keyboard and select verbose mode so u can see what's happening...And that is basically it..

Working:

1:All USB 2.0 ports.2x Intel USB 3.0 ports next to ethernet port only..Full usb 3.0 speeds

2:Audio.Use voodooHDA.

3:Ethernet.Use AtherosGB

Not Tested:

Sleep and Wake

My Hardware: Gigabyte GA-z77x-ud3h.ATI 7970.8 gb ram.Kingston Hyper X SSD.

• Like 1

Amazing  Thank you...

Hi,

May i know how u get your usb to work? I've followed your steps

My audio and ethernet is working.

Thank you.

Well as i think i had mentioned that the 2x usb 3.0 ports that are next to the Ethernet port was tested and working with usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 devices..and it was also transferring data at usb 3.0 speeds when I used it to copy a 4gig file over to my usb 3.0 external hardrive caddy...The other usb 3.0 ports which are located higher up the mobo wasn't working..

• 1 month later...