El Capitan Setup Detects Windows and aborts installation

8 posts in this topic

Hello I messed up my dual Booting System with Mavericks and Windows.
Now I wanted to resetup it with El Capitan.
I made a Bootstick with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and added appleps2 kext. The Setup immediately booted perfectly on first try.

But Now when I start the Setup it stops and says something like (it was in german so it is only my sloppy translation)

"Mac OS X could not be installed, because the change to the Partition Table would prevent a Windows installation from booting"

Well, who cares... I could fix that afterwards, and what change on the Partition Table is ment anyway? I left all Partitions as before. Just formatted the MacOS partition with Mac Journaled

How can i get rid of this? should I clean the EFI partition?

Kind Regards,

Can

I solved the Problem.

First I deleted the hfs+ Partition under Windows and gave thwindows ntfs volume a label. When I rebooted the macos Installation it did not recognize the free space in diskutil. So i rebooted to Windows and formatted the free space to fat32. Now macos diskutil found the Partition sovi formatted it again to macos journaled and now the installation worked great

great. The System is running, now i am trying to fix graphics

Hi,

Really sorry to take this off on a tangent but would you be able to link me to this ApplePS2 kext please? (I'm having trouble with my integrated keyboard and trackpad when trying to install El Cap).

Thanks in advance

Also, great to hear you've got it installed! Which graphics do you have and what are your full system specs?

Ah OK. I've tried this and it didn't work on the El Cap installer. I guess I'm back to square one.

It's a HP Zbook 15 with Intel 4700MQ, 32 GB RAM and a Quadro K2100M with 2gb graphics memory.

Until now i have never managed to get the graphics adapter to work. If anyone has advices for me... Go on They are very welcome.

NVIDIA with optimus power switching isn't supported in OSX so I presume that's why, unless Quadro cards do something differently... To get your integrated working just use FakePCIID in conjunction with an ID and framebuffer injected with clover.

Well the integrated graphics are completely deactivated. There are no options in Bios to activate it. HP Support told me, that it is not possible to use integrated graphics together with Quadro Cards. So it is not really a optimus system. Wether Linux nor Windows detect anything regarding integrated graphics. Just the Quadro appears. Could be something somebody with DSDT Skills could Fix.