Success: ASUS IC7-MAX3, P4 3.21 GHz

consumer

4 posts in this topic

Method:

dd for windows and deadmoo image, xp bootloader, vmware to later expand drive

Motherboard:

ASUS IC7-MAX3

On board LAN, Audio (all 6 channels, in and out), ATA, SATA, Firewire, USB all work.

Graphics:

ATI All-in-Wonder 9600XT

Running at 1280x1024, No Quartz Extreme or CG support, although 2D is great (Dashboard, Expose, Video playback)

Processor:

Pentium 4 3.21 GHz w/ HTT, no SSE3 - runs FAST! (I'm an experienced G5 user)

Hardrive:

80 Gig ATA, Single partition (used my own method)

Software:

Logic Express

Bias Peak

Photoshop CS (CS2 crashes)

Office 2004

iTunes 4.8

Safari 2.0.1 w/ Flash

iPhoto (downloaded off my Canon on first try, zero config)

Fetch

BBEdit

Over 20 Widgets installed, all working

Current Problems:

- Can't get Intellipoint or USB Overdrive software to work so can't use the mouse scroll wheel. Fixed by removing AppleFPMemDriver.kext extension

- HP DeskJet 5740 USB printer shows up on the System Profiler, but can't get it to come up in the Printer Utility. Fixed by removing AppleFPMemDriver.kext extension

- SCSI cd burner shows up on System Profiler, but can't get it working otherwise. (its 5 years old - gonna replace with a ATA CD/DVD burner)

- Really wish I could change the refresh rate, as I have lots of flicker.

- Need to get my Logic Pro dongle back from a friend so I can try it.

Additional Notes/Tips:

- Make a copy of the System Preferences and run it under Rosetta to get access to any control panels that normally say "Preferences Error: Could Not Load" (example: screen savers)

Current Problems:

- Can't get Intellipoint or USB Overdrive software to work so can't use the mouse scroll wheel.

I have a Wireless Intelmouse conected on PS2 port and also A Logitech BlueTooth Wireless (which is detected as USB mouse becuase is not connected via Bluetooth) the base station is connected in one of the USB ports.

With both mice I can use the wheel to scroll without special driver.

Even with my PowerBook if I delete Intellipoint the wheel works, only buttons for back and forwar are not detected without Intellipoint.