This is it!

tomkiwi

5 posts in this topic

Just burnt my ISO and my PC is currently installing OS X! Hopefully this will go smoothly, either way i will post my details of success/failure soon!

Hmmm, first hicup lol. The installer wont find any destination to install the 10.4.7 JaS DVD onto, should i re-format the partition i want to install it on?

This is my current setup:

HD1 100gb - Windows XP installed

HD2 150gb - Games, Applications etc (no operating system)

Any idea as to how i should go about the reformat?

One more thing: I used disk utility to burn the DVD in Mac OS X, could that in any way stop the HDs from being seen? I might add that it has loaded thus far, i'm at the 'Select a Destination' screen.

Thanks guys, looking forward to a reply :)

Thanks mate, i'm just gonna back up some of my files then i'll try that out :).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tom

Just before i click the intall button, if i've installed OS X onto one partition and i will have XP on the other, will i be able to choose which one i boot too from startup? Or will i need to install bootcamp and set it up that way?

Bootcamp doesn't work for un-offical macs, unless you have almost identical hardware. If you look at some of the guides in the Wiki that detail Dual-booting, you will find methods to get both to boot. One that usually works is Chain0, also, you can use acronis OS selector.