Can't adjust overscan/under scan settings on new hackintosh

mpalomba3

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently hackintoshed a friends gaming computer and mostly everything is working fine. One of the things that isn't working is getting the resolution right. The graphics card is detected natively and is working fine but his TV is an issue with both Windows and OS X. In windows, Nvidia provides a utility to create a custom resolution that fits the TV perfectly. On OS X, there is an overscan checkbox in the display settings of System Preferences but there is no slider to adjust how much. When it is checked the display is too zoomed in. When it is unchecked the display is too small and there is about a one inch gap on the sides and half an inch gap on the top and bottom. I tried SwitchresX but it was very confusing and I was unable to apply the custom resolution. 

I am not a newbie and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to PC's and Mac's. I've tried everything I know and nothing worked. When the PC is hooked up to a monitor the resolution is fine. The problem is when its hooked up to the TV which is the primary place it is used

I tried all TV picture mode settings/overscan/resolution combos and none worked

Its using an Nvidia 740 4GB Superclocked graphics card and is connected to the TV using HDMI