Mac OSX + ADD2-N = ?

samon

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried to connect my Cinema Display to my new Intel Mac (Asus N4L-VM DH + ADD2-N) but it didn't work.

With a VGA Display it is working fine. With WinXP and the Silicon Image ADD-N it works also fine but if I try to boot Mac Os (10.4.6 or 10.4.7 or 10.4.8 witch I installed with a VGA Display)with ADD2-N+Cinema Display I get only a light blue screen without anything. The same screen appears when I try to install Mac OS X with the DVI Cinema Display. It reads from the DVD, the white screen with the turning circle appears and turns to the light blue screen and nothing happens.

And there is no option in the Display menu of OSX to switch to a DVI Display or to set it active.

And in the system infobox of OSX is no card detected. Although the PCI-E 1x is shown in the boot screen of OSX but I think it says that it faild to install.

Does anyone know what to do and or have the same problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I just bought a ADD2-N card for my ASROCK Dual-915GL and I have 23" Cinema....so far no luck. My integrated VGA works fine but I get nothing over DVI. Is there some update to BIOS that I need to do? I used a ASUS 1600XT but for some reason I got revision 3 that is basically unsuported (unless someone can prove me wrong). The DVI worked on that but not for the high res of my Cinema. I would get weird colored bars. Now with my ADD2 card I get nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

When the blue screen comes up, the desktop is on the other display. You need a second display to hook up vga long enough to switch the desktop over to dvi.

I do not know quite what you mean by that. Is that at startup? I just tried updating BIOS but it is still not working.

Andrew

I do not know quite what you mean by that. Is that at startup? I just tried updating BIOS but it is still not working.

Andrew

The DVI port is the secondary display, so you are seeing the extended portion of the desktop. If you boot to VGA(primary) and go into display settings, you can move the dock over to the DVI(secondary) display.

The DVI port is the secondary display, so you are seeing the extended portion of the desktop. If you boot to VGA(primary) and go into display settings, you can move the dock over to the DVI(secondary) display.

I don't think that is what I need...because that I am not even getting an image on the DVI connected display. I have both a VGA and DVI display plugged in. In system profiler under graphics/displays and in the Displays part of that I see two things. One that recognizes the display that is hooked up via VGA and the other just says Display: Status: No display connected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew