My struggle with Toshiba (Europe)

1 post in this topic

Hi,

The notebook in my signature has been in and out of repair for the last 3 weeks now. I had to send it in because it was overheating again after the last repair, but this time the ventilator broke down. 

The normal procedure applied, the notebook was picked up, repaired, and returned to me. After this repair, this is how i got my notebook, which has never been moved from the table, back (Repair center information removed): 

post-1090626-0-14789100-1434729226_thumb.pngpost-1090626-0-35854800-1434729233_thumb.pngpost-1090626-0-74719800-1434729239_thumb.pngpost-1090626-0-83960300-1434729245_thumb.pngpost-1090626-0-48166500-1434729252_thumb.pngpost-1090626-0-24146400-1434729260_thumb.png

I contacted Toshiba immediately after i found out it was scratched, i only saw the damage at the bottom cover, so this is all i mentioned. 

The next day they picked up the notebook again, and when it entered the repair center, the above images where taken. I did not even notice half of the scratches. I thought they would repair all the damage.

After another week of waiting, the notebook was delivered back, the bottom cover was replaced, but, the rear panel was scratched even more than the above pictures show. 

In this area to be exact: 

post-1090626-0-75353900-1434729463_thumb.jpg

So i refused the notebook delivery, and it was taken back to the repair center to just lay there. 

After numerous calls, i got nowhere, just the standard "We are investigating etc...".

Anyone who has worked in a support center knows "that guy". Well, i became that guy, "Yes i heard your name on the floor."

Well great, but i wanted to get a status update. Toshiba had contacted the head office in the Netherlands, who then contacted the repair center. The feedback given was that the damage was already there, and the notebook could be repaired if i would cover the costs. 

Since it is still under warranty i refused, told them to offer me a proper solution, and in the meantime send me back the notebook. 

Toshiba advised me to contact their ombudsman, to see if he could provide me with a solution. I sent him an email with all the information i had. Good thing i saved the pictures from the repair center, since they had deleted it from the RMA site. 

I thought i would have to wait out this weekend to get a reply, but about half an hour ago i got a call from Germany, the head office Toshiba Europe.

Somehow someone there picked up my case and actually put some work into it. He told me that my notebook would be repaired under warranty with no extra costs.

I'm somewhat satisfied, still have to wait how this repair ends up, but they actually provided some service. 

From my experience, next time the notebook has an issue, i will contact the retailer and let them handle this. If nobody in the head office picks it up, your F***d. 

A simple "Sorry we scratched it" would have been enough.

• Like 1