Jump to content

Incorrect Dates (Timestamps) on All Files


Melody of Dismay
 Share

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

 

First of all, I do apologize in advance if this topic has already been posted in another thread--if it has, feel free to delete this thread. I have done a search for this topic, so I'm not lazy or anything! :)

 

Anyway, since upgrading from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 (first, the regular JaS SSE2 10.4.8, and then the JaS SSE2 combo 10.4.8 when it arrived), the timestamps on all my files are all incorrect. For instance, if I "Get Info" on a file that was created BEFORE today, it says that it was created on Thursday, December 31, 1903 at 5:00pm, even though it was probably created yesterday or last week. And, if I "Get Info" on a file that was created today, it says that it was created "Today at 5:00pm," even if it was created at 1:30am. I hope I am making sense. I have repaired permissions and did the update prebinding, even though I did not think they were going to help anyway.

 

I would also like to mention that moderator Quixos posted a similar issue on the following post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry200829 . This was regarding the same incorrect date (December 31, 1969) on all emails. And don't worry--I do do backups. ;)

 

I would like to know why this issue occurs, and if there is any way to resolve it. I am more interested in why, but it would be nice to resolve it too. Please let me know if you have any ideas about this. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by posting this if a dedicated thread already exists for this topic. Thanks for all your help, and I await your reply. And a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the OSx86 Insanely Mac Project. :)

 

Cya!

~Melody~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Bruce,

 

Thank you so much for your help--I did manage to figure this out. I did check out that thread before you mentioned it, but for some reason, I did not notice the "December 31 1903" at the bottom of the first post until you mentioned it to me--I guess I'm quite tired from midterm week! :P I did replace the 10.4.8 Framework "CarbonCore.framework" with the 10.4.7 version, but that caused some serious problems--it DID correct my dates and timestamp issue (please see above if anyone does not know what I'm talking about), but my dock disappeared, and Disk Utility and Safari became corrupted (Safari would only open if I opened an HTML page already present on my hard drive--strange, hey? Plus the icon changed for both Safari and Disk Utility). Also, "Recent Documents" disappeared. It's funny but definitely understandable that one small Framework can blow your house down! And that was the only Framework I replaced--perhaps I should have replaced others? Who knows.

 

If you see above in my first post on this thread, I already did download and install the JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 combo update, and I did this AFTER installing the first 10.4.8 update (the "test" one, as some may like to call it--the one that was intended to just get us to the desktop so that we can figure out that bugs ourselves and report them). I think the problem lay in installing the regular update before installing the combo version. When I first installed the regular update, the combo one was NOT released yet, so hopefully that's understandable that I installed it--hey, I'm curious, and I want to see what happens, good or bad! I have a feeling that when installing 10.4.8 combo over 10.4.8 regular (the "test" version), the combo version sees that some files from the "test" update are already present, so it doesn't bother overwriting them; therefore, we end up with the same files and same bugs as before. But I'm having fun--as long as I keep backing up my important files (they're all on different partitions/hard drives anyway) and accept whatever happens, I am good to go--I just really enjoy working with these OSx86 puzzles. :(

 

Anyway, what I ended up doing was formatting my system drive partition, installing the Myzar 10.4.5, and directly installing the JaS combo 10.4.8 SSE2 update right after that. After that, everything seems to work as good as new, and I'm content to reinstall all my apps. And yes, the dates/timestamps on all my files are correct. :D

 

Well, thanks again for your response and help--I hope this post isn't too long or anything. I just thought I'd let everyone know what happened in case someone else experiences the same thing. And if you or anyone can add any other insight to the information mentioned above, please let me know if you have the time. Thanks again!

 

Cya!

~Melody~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Bruce,

 

Thanks for your help and support--yes, everything is working fine now! :D

 

Cya!

~Melody~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...