Getting data corruption when dual booting osx and windows.. Help please?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have two different machines I have setup hackintoshes. One is based on Ozmosis and the other Chameleon. Thing is when I reboot into Windows I get a mandatory CHKDSK disk check with the dirty flag set on almost every partition on both machines. My only guess is that OSX touches the Windows partitions  and  does something I'm not sure what. My only hope I think is to hide the windows partitions from Yosemite but I also have a two disk raid array running of the Intel  raid controller so theres no way to hide those two drives. Anyone experience this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have two different machines I have setup hackintoshes. One is based on Ozmosis and the other Chameleon. Thing is when I reboot into Windows I get a mandatory CHKDSK disk check with the dirty flag set on almost every partition on both machines. My only guess is that OSX touches the Windows partitions  and  does something I'm not sure what. My only hope I think is to hide the windows partitions from Yosemite but I also have a two disk raid array running of the Intel  raid controller so theres no way to hide those two drives. Anyone experience this?

Thanks.

OSX forces any NTFS drives to mount read-only. So it is not possible to touch from the OS, if you didn't install any third party tools to enable write support for NTFS.

About installing 3rd party apps I kind of did just that by installing Paragon's NTFS driver to write to my Ntfs external drives. Guess i should uninstall that app and see what happens..

thanks

About installing 3rd party apps I kind of did just that by installing Paragon's NTFS driver to write to my Ntfs external drives. Guess i should uninstall that app and see what happens..

thanks

You could probably force your windows drive read only with fstab (or via paragons settings?), while your other drives getting mounted with write support.

I will try that out i just worry about my raid array as i never could get osx from hiding it. At every boot i get a eject, ignore, initialize error message in duplicate..