Case mod to full Mac

2 posts in this topic

I've got a g4 quicksilver case that I converted to a PC a year ago. I'm going to get a 915 MATX board that hopefully supports sound/video/nic all in one. I have found that my SIIG firewire adapter does work, so I'll be adding that as well.

I just bought a PCI express DVI ADD2 intel graphics riser card for DVI output of the GMA900 graphics.

So far, I've got a 100 gig hard drive with OSX already installed to run natively on a 915 board (I have a 915gevlk board with a 3.4ghz 2mb L2 cache P4 that I configured it on) and a lite-on burner that it seems to like burning DVDs and CDs. Any thoughts on what else I should add?

I think this could be the coolest mac/pc/mac mod ever. I'll post pics as I go.

Also, I've got a 23" aluminum Apple cinema display I'll be trying to hook up to it. Any thoughts as to whether this will work?

Comments/suggestions?

Jon

I've got a g4 quicksilver case that I converted to a PC a year ago. I'm going to get a 915 MATX board that hopefully supports sound/video/nic all in one. I have found that my SIIG firewire adapter does work, so I'll be adding that as well.

I just bought a PCI express DVI ADD2 intel graphics riser card for DVI output of the GMA900 graphics.

So far, I've got a 100 gig hard drive with OSX already installed to run natively on a 915 board (I have a 915gevlk board with a 3.4ghz 2mb L2 cache P4 that I configured it on) and a lite-on burner that it seems to like burning DVDs and CDs. Any thoughts on what else I should add?

I think this could be the coolest mac/pc/mac mod ever. I'll post pics as I go.

Also, I've got a 23" aluminum Apple cinema display I'll be trying to hook up to it. Any thoughts as to whether this will work?

Comments/suggestions?

Jon

Lol! I just did the opposite - I moved my Digital Audio into an ATX case so I could house my 5 disk SCSI array, a couple of ATA drives and two optical drives (btw it flies with the powerforce 7447 dual overclocked to 1.8GHz and flashed 6800 Ultra :))