Help with Toshiba Satellite S875-S7136 [Status: CPU Panic]

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I got a similar HP to boot OS X, so I figured this laptop wouldn't be too hard, right? Right? Ha. Wrong. Anyway, this laptop has:

HM76 chipset (1E59)

2.6Ghz Core i5-3230M CPU

HD4000 Graphics on a 1600x900 17" display

Atheros AR9285 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter (swapped out original for this)

Realtek ALC269 Audio

I have a 3rd gen Macbook Pro running Yosemite. I formatted a 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive with Mac OS Journaled and created my Yosemite installer with 

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –-volume /Volumes/USBDrive –-applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app –-nointeraction

I downloaded the latest build of Clover from their page and installed it to my USB drive customizing options to UEFI boot only, selected OsxAptioFixDrv-64 from UEFI64 drivers, and then select the BootCamp theme (because I like it to look like a real Mac.)

Once the installer was created, I opened the EFI partition and added a better HFS driver (HFSPlus.efi) into the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder. Then I added FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and GenericUSBXHCI.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other  and deleted the other version folders.

Then I downloaded a set of zipped configs found at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip and used the config_HD4000_1600x900.plist file by renaming it to config.plist and putting it in the EFI\Clover folder.

I then tried to boot this on the laptop and got a cpu panic almost immediately, as shown in my attachment to this post. I have no idea what I'm doing as this let the HP laptop boot just fine, so any pointers or help would be appreciated.

post-1201319-0-00839700-1428550395_thumb.jpg

After booting with and without the USB3 kext, changing the Graphics ID, trying all different ports, and trying turning off USB3 in the BIOS and getting the exact same results, I decided to wipe the drive and start from scratch, complete with recreating the install media.

And despite doing everything the same as before, this time it boots to the Installer, though it takes it a long time to get there with a lot of errors in verbose mode before it kicks into Graphic mode. This has happened before with a variety of flash drives, so I'm starting to wonder if it's my USB ports on my MacBook dying.

Anyway, I'm waiting on a spare drive to format to throw into my laptop to install it on, so more updates after that gets done.

After booting with and without the USB3 kext, changing the Graphics ID, trying all different ports, and trying turning off USB3 in the BIOS and getting the exact same results, I decided to wipe the drive and start from scratch, complete with recreating the install media.

And despite doing everything the same as before, this time it boots to the Installer, though it takes it a long time to get there with a lot of errors in verbose mode before it kicks into Graphic mode. This has happened before with a variety of flash drives, so I'm starting to wonder if it's my USB ports on my MacBook dying.

Anyway, I'm waiting on a spare drive to format to throw into my laptop to install it on, so more updates after that gets done.

Watching Video and Follow this : 

if oke . please post hardware specs . i will send config.plist ..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9TDSlejPc