New MacBook = Yoga 3 pro Hackintosh

altleet

62 posts in this topic

Hey guys sorry I've been out for sometime now.. The thing is, I've sold my yoga 3 pro after failing to get the graphics working. I wish you all the best at attempting.. But my final conclusion was that Bios is locked, that means it cannot be edited via efi shell! Bios needs to be edited and then installed. 

Hey guys sorry I've been out for sometime now.. The thing is, I've sold my yoga 3 pro after failing to get the graphics working. I wish you all the best at attempting.. But my final conclusion was that Bios is locked, that means it cannot be edited via efi shell! Bios needs to be edited and then installed. 

You can probably use a hardware programmer to patch BIOS.

• 1 month later...

setup_var 0x18C 0x3 in EFI shell works if you revert to previous Insyde H20 BIOS A6CN38WW  (http://www.notebook-driver.com/link/aHR0cDovL2Rvd25sb2FkLmxlbm92by5jb20vY29uc3VtZXIvbW9iaWxlcy9hNmNuMzh3dy5leGU=)

The catch with this BIOS seems to be poor power management (battery drawn in a blink?).

I got 96MB allocated DVMT (64MB in windows) and was able, just to test, to install OS X 10.10.4 on my Yoga 3 with full 3200x resolution. Display is laggy and nothing works on its own for now, but it's very promising.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have just finished to install El capitan on my lenovo yoga 3 pro....graphics works, but it's too small, resolution is 3200, I hope to get it down a little bit...installation worked...the problems are wifi card that I am not able to get it works and audio...any suggestion?

Hi @Fra84, I got WiFi working with BrcmPatchRAM.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, 

Unfortunately, I broke my USB stick (it just unglued!) and couldn't get any OS X loading/installing again, of course no clover backup :( ; would you mind posting the config.plist, kexts and clover config you used? same problem with too small graphics...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

setup_var 0x18C 0x3 in EFI shell works if you revert to previous Insyde H20 BIOS A6CN38WW  (http://www.notebook-driver.com/link/aHR0cDovL2Rvd25sb2FkLmxlbm92by5jb20vY29uc3VtZXIvbW9iaWxlcy9hNmNuMzh3dy5leGU=)

The catch with this BIOS seems to be poor power management (battery drawn in a blink?).

I got 96MB allocated DVMT (64MB in windows) and was able, just to test, to install OS X 10.10.4 on my Yoga 3 with full 3200x resolution. Display is laggy and nothing works on its own for now, but it's very promising.

i found this  https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/a6cn38ww.exe  (not sure yet so please dont use it)

i was wondering if this the one i need to reverse to get the modification done (i am at A6CN58WW now) if not can you provid me with a6cn38ww or any version bios yoga 3 pro  that support modification DVMT 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...