Funny sounds coming from computer

zibertron

4 posts in this topic

i remember a few years back a buddy of mine had a g3, i think. it was the green and white tower with the matching monitor. Anyway, his computer would make the funniest sound. It seemed just randomly, it would cough or have the sniffles or if he was on the net it would sometimes make a car beeping sound.

my question for you guys is, does any know if OS X does that. I really want to set that feature up, I know some might say that it might be annoying, and why would i want that. I just think its one of those things that set a Mac apart from a plain jane pc.

so if anyone knows, please let me know.

thanks

-z

Here is one that does it: http://www.nouturn.com/shuffler/

Shuffler allows you to randomize the system beep, each time it occurs. Every time your system plays an alert beep at you, you'll hear one of the randomly picked sound effects (WAV file, mp3 file, etc), guaranteeing oodles of fun!

It also features a new random sound effect feature, where it will play sound effects at an interval of your choice.

Nope..didnt work :) It would install fine, but when I went in to the applications folder to run it. It wouldn't do anything. No errors or anything, i tried deleting it from the applications folder but i go an error saying it couldnt move it to the trash because it was opened. I opened the force quit window, but it was not there!