i2c-hid touchscreens, trackpads and more

alex.daoud

59 posts in this topic

It actually should read wcom4814, but anyway....It is single touch on the master branch, however I have implemented two finger scrolling and basic 3,4, and 5 finger gestures on my branch using the code that was meant for the Elan trackpads. So technically, it is multitouch, but things like rotate and pinch zooming are absent. That has more to do with what public hid functions Xcode exposes in the kernel space more than anything else. I'm working on a short guide for the Elite X2 and I'll try to make a vid of the touchscreen gestures. El Capitan works great, only the SD card and TB3 are not functioning. Sierra works, but there are some issues that need figuring out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, My Asus  have Elan i2c touchpad - 

HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_1000&Col01

HID\ELAN1000&Col01

HID\*ELAN1000&Col01

HID\VID_04F3&UP:0001_U:0002

HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002

Already tried the kext, but not working.

I attached the dsdt, ssdt's and ioreg -

DSDT with ioreg.zip

Would you please tell me if it will work or not?

• 3 months later...

Hi Alex,

Have been following the progress of your project for some time now ..... the possibility of using i2c devices such as touch screens and pen digitisers on a hackingtosh is certainly intriguing and could potentially offer features that even apple do not provide with their latest macs, so well done for taking such a bold step.

Up until now i have not had a device that would support these features but my old sony laptop hack died so after a bit of hunting around i just got a new 2017 HP Spectre X360 ... which has touch screen and n-trig pen. I've got OSX running well on it, Mirone helped with getting the audio working. Was wondering if there was any chance of getting touch screen and n-trig support working with your i2c project.

Can provide dsdt and ioreg .. etc ... do you need them as native or patched ?

I realise that your project is still in devlopment so not expecting any quick fixes .... but would like to help out in devlopemnt and testing as i see the potentail.

Cheers

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

guys, tell me, did anyone manage to get the touchpad i2c Elan0650?
how much I am excruciating but so to get it or him and it was not possible, in general in any way

tried to do the instructions, but the result is absolutely zero, the instruction does not work

Ideapad 320s 14" (MacbookPro14.1) i3-8130U/UHD620/8GB/ALC236/WIFI+Bluetooth BCM943224PCIEBT2/NVMe/MacOs 10.14