Install Yosemite on Inspiron 1720/Vostro 1700 with Nvidia

xangel9626

32 posts in this topic

Any luck finding it? I tried a USB installer for a Dell desktop from the forum here but it fails with a kernel panic.

It's probably because you didn't have the correct installer, I'll see if I can dig up the copy I downloaded and upload it on here for you.  The version of OS X might not matter, but I used the original 10.10, I've had issues using subsequent versions before, sometimes not, it's hit and miss.  Working in virtualbox isn't an issue, if your OS X runs, you can use it.  If you want, you can try Clover, but I have no experience with it.

• 10 months later...

Here's a link to the file on 4Shared

http://www.4shared.com/zip/J75OTAWyce/OSX_Yosemite_Chameleon.html

It was too big for me to upload on here directly.

Let me know if you have any issues downloading.

Guys, came across this thread and would like to start from scratch. I know how to extract DSDT, but what patches should I apply? Appreciate if someone can let me know.

I can find a full pci mini wifi that works or use usb wifi. My Bluetooth is Dell 355 which I hope is compatible. Finally my CPU is T5250.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Griftopia, sorry I haven't been around in a while.  I had help with my DSDT edits from Fusion71au.  He gave me a link to a tutorial in one of our conversations, but I haven't been that successful getting a DSDT to work.  It's good to see you made progress with yours.

To answer your second question, I have been doing hackintoshing on my laptop for a long time, no matter what version of OS X, kexts, or edits anyone has done, there has been no fix for the soft power issue with NVidia graphics.  Many of us have not been worried about it because most of us just use sleep mode and do reboots instead of shutting down.  If you manage to find something that works, please by all means post it to this thread and we can include it in my original write-up as an edit.  It's always good to get even more functionality out of this laptop running OS X.

• 11 months later...

I have unfortunately formatted both my main and backup OS X drives for my laptop and no longer have any of the files stored locally on my computer.  If anyone has the original OS X USB Chameleon Yosemite installer, please upload it here. Thanks in advance if you do.  Everything else looks like it still can be downloaded, if not, please hit up Google and see what you can find.

The following link may work for anyone trying to install Yosemite on their computer.  Please make sure to read the page before you download and  follow the instructions on the page because it requires you to rename some stuff.

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4075-boot-usb-os-x-yosemite-chameleonpkg/