Wanting Mavericks or Yosemite on ThinkPad T410

coolcrash05

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

I have recently got hold of a T410 laptop for christmas, of which is the Intel HD Graphics version. It has 8GB of RAM and is currently running Windows 7 and requires an old (disallowed to say what bootloader disc to be inside) in order to boot to an install of Snow Leopard I have made.

The first thing I did when I got my laptop was install Mavericks using the boot flag:

GraphicsEnabler=yes

However, I never really knew what to do after the install as it was my first time installing Mac successfully. What I mean by I didn't know what to do, is that it would simply not boot after install. 

I now know that there are a few Kexts scattered here and there throughout the forums, some contradicting others saying first generation HD Graphics are not supported, whilst others say they are and it has been very confusing.

A common error I get whenever booting any kind of installation or even my install of Snow Leopard (which runs fine) is that is says There is an error starting this computer, pausing 5 seconds. Not sure if this means anything,

As of now, I can not install Mavericks anymore, not even through the Niresh distro I used to begin with. 

Some of the time in the verbose mode, there is often an error saying that certain playlists are not found either which can also lead me to believe I need to add some kind of modified version or extra files.

One last thing I want to note is that I would like it if somebody could maybe compile me a zip or gather some useful resources such as Playlist files, kexts, and other things that may help me get Mavericks (or even Yosemite now) onto my T410. I have tried all installers, such as Yosemite (through transmac as a distro), I have tried Mavericks (Niresh Distro again), and I have even tried downloading a non-distro and installing it to USB through myHack on Snow Leapoard, and there has been no luck.

Thanks for reading this and I hope that maybe somebody can help me get a stable OSX on my Laptop.

Forgot to mention another confusion: 

I don't know how to inject kexts into the USB installer itself, and whether you should do it before or after installation of OSX.