Keyboard not responding after awhile

shemeta

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

first post here, but i have been reading the forum for a long time. i recently installed Mac OS X 10.4.7 JAS and i have a problem with the keyboard on my laptop. the touchpad isn't working, but the keyboard works for a lil with my USB mouse, but then suddenly it stops responding & i can't type anymore. does this happen only to me or is it known.

My Laptop is an Acer 4002WLMi with Pentium M 1.6GHz and 512 MB.

if someone can help me, i would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot, awesome forum.

Shemeta

Although I can't be of much help I see now that it seems to be a typical Acer illness. I had the same problem on my Acer when I tried to install 10.4.6 but already when booting from the install DVD. So I gave up on 10.4.6 and went back to 10.4.3 which is still running flawlessly.

I never tried 10.4.5 on the Acer so I can't tell if it works better. 10.4.3 is a sure bet though.

good luck and let us know if you get it to run on a more recent release...

My sceneario is odd because it works sometimes. If i boot off the 10.4.5 dvd the keyboard and touchpad work fine. But once it boots from the drive it doesnt recognize the touchpad or keyboard. The fact that it works when booted from dvd makes me think there is a way to fix it.

The touchpad is a synaptics.

You might have more luck with your Dell then, modifiedmind.

As for the Acer, the OSX kernel was changed as from 10.4.4 on if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps that explains the weird keyboard/mouse behaviour. However I had no joy with mixing kexts from different releases and I'm actually a technical boob so I better shut up now :)

Just a little update. I found out that my keyboard will work , as long as i don't touch the touchpad. if i try to use the touchpad, then keyboard stops responding. My touchpad is still not working with the Mac Os X so i need to watch out not to touch it on accident.

I used the kext of the 10.4.3 on 10.4.6 and no respond obtained.

In this page:

http://kb.osx86spain.com/-/OSx86%20spain%2...BAB90610E7.html

is explained how to install and configure a driver, it is in spanish, but i dont have time right now to test it, if someone have done this please post here to let us know if it work. (excuse me for my english)

• 11 months later...