huskerphile

10.10 on Dell Inspiron i3487 desktop...

6 posts in this topic

I've got this system up and running and it seems to be a decent hackable system for <$500.  I got a 2nd 1TB hard drive and use Clover to dual-boot Windows 8.1 and Yosemite.

Here are the specs:

Intel core i5 Haswell CPU (works OOB)

8GB DDR3 RAM (works OOB)

1TB hard drive (works OOB)

Intel HD4600 Graphics (works OOB with HDMI w/ CI/QE, haven't tried VGA)

DVD-RW (works OOB)

8-1 Media Card Reader (works OOB)

Realtek 8111G Ethernet (works with RehabMan's kext injected at Clover boot)

Realtek ALC662VD audio (rear line-out working with patched version of VooDooHDA injected at Clover boot -- link )

Dell/Atheros 1705 Wifi B/G/N + Bluetooth 4.0 (not working.  WiFi not recognized, Bluetooth will pair but won't connect devices)

iMessage/Facetime (Still troubleshooting)

Sleep (haven't tried)

I'd really like to get Bluetooth working, and it's very close but I'm not sure what's wrong.  The system will see bluetooth devices and pair with them correctly, but the connection gets lost after pairing.

inspiron-3847-desktop_Reference Guide_en-us.pdf

Advertisement

Just bought this desktop for an insane price and installed 10.10 on it following most of the steps in the "Easy, Repeatable Dell 8700 Clover Install Guide".

It was a fresh install, and fairly simple, especially following the Dell 8700 steps. huskerphile's additional kext suggestions came in handy as well. 

Aside from that, the WiFi on my machine is also not working, and the Bluetooth is recognized, but is unusable.

Will update as things progress...

update (03/02/2015)

Fixed Sleep (& Wifi) by switching out the Dell 1705 card with an older mini-pcie wifi card (that is the functional equivalent of an older-gen airport card (AR928x)).

I will potentially be switching out this card for another one that also has bluetooth and is mac compatible. 

Also, as a note, previously I mentioned a guide for the Dell XPS 8700 but after re-doing my clover configuration, I realized I barely had to make any changes to the default Clover configuration to get the hackintosh up and running.

Hi,

I'm so ridiculously close and then it all goes a bit Pete Tong !

Everything works, except for the Ethernet Kext (even though it's in the EFI Clover Kexts 10.10 folder, but using Kext Wizard to get it into S/L/E works brilliantly.

Then it's good all the way to signing into Yosemite on my SSD but with the reliance on the USB boot stick

I make the right changes to the config file (using Clover configurator) and change the boot disk from LastDiskBooted to SSD (the name of my OSX Primary Disk Drive in step 19 and then reboot and change the BIOS to UEFI an boot without the USB stick.

It's all fine, it's gets the Clover Boot Disk startup screen, where i add the '-v' flag and also check the Kernel flags. At this point it's got the allowkexts ticked, the Kernel PM ticked, Apple RTC ticked but also the other intel PM kext ticked (I'm not sure why), anyhow, I try to boot past it and it's fine until it loads the ethernet driver then it produces a bug error (se epics) and pretty much freezes.

After that I can get back in via the USB bootloader stick until it completely gives up !

I just need help on the last hurdle from taking away the reliance on the USB stick to load the OS.

I have tried 3 times and each time if fails at the same point. I have a USB audio card and also an additional SATA controller but as these work under the USB bootloader, I cannot see why it would cause issues under the SSD boot loader.

Please can I have some help/advice ... I'm so close it hurts !!!!!

Many thanks

TK

PS - The Realtek ALC662VD audio (rear line-out working with patched version of VooDooHDA injected at Clover boot -- link ) link takes me to a zip file which cannot bedownloaded (not sure if this is contributing to my problem), as I download the other audio kexts in the Tonymac instructions, but ultimately, just use the USB sound.

post-546502-0-41597700-1430324830_thumb.jpg

post-546502-0-65841300-1430324846_thumb.jpg

Fixed It !! :D

The solution was right under my nose ....

Everything works, except for the Ethernet Kext (even though it's in the EFI Clover Kexts 10.10 folder, but using Kext Wizard to get it into S/L/E works brilliantly.

I assumed that everything else was ok but if the Ethernet Kext didn't load, maybe the others in the same folder (EFI, Clover, Kexts, 10.10) folder might have not loaded as well. This was the case.

Solution: I used "Kext Wizard" to manually load all the kext files from the 10.10 clover folder, on the install USB, into S/L/E on the target drive (Step 5 from the easily repeatable guide in post #2 above) and repaired permissions & rebuild cache. 

After that, everything worked as expected and now it logs in (from pressing the power button to my desktop) in less than 30 seconds - Not bad !

Cheers

TK :)

Do you guys have a config.plist for this computer? I have the same computer but I need to get a config.plist.

Thanks...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Reel
      All work except camera
      You need SwitchResX that the screen does not freeze

• By yehia2amer
      Problem:
      When I Attempt to wake my Machine from sleep, the screen stays black, although the computer is obviously awake !
      This Machine has a 1300W Power Supply So Sleep is Very Useful.

I Tried:
      1) FIX_WAK and FixShutdown as per Clover Wiki.
      2) Although I am using "SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5", which Should be completely Supported by Mojave, I Also changed the Part Number to "113-4E353BU-O4E" as per this Guide: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/feb18/RadeonRX-580_MacPro.html. The GPU is working GREAT without even Clover Inject
      3) Tried to Run this command: disablehibernate.command.zip
      4) Tried darkwake=0 to 10
      5) Disabled wake on USB & Wake on LAN (BIOS)

Logs:
      sudo pmset -g
      System-wide power settings: Currently in use: hibernatemode 0 disksleep 10 womp 0 networkoversleep 0 sleep 0 Sleep On Power Button 1 ttyskeepawake 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage autorestart 0 gpuswitch 2 displaysleep 10 pmset -g assertions
      2019-02-19 18:51:04 +0200 Assertion status system-wide: BackgroundTask 1 ApplePushServiceTask 0 UserIsActive 1 PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 PreventSystemSleep 0 ExternalMedia 1 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0 NetworkClientActive 0 Listed by owning process: pid 56(powerd): [0x0000001700088000] 00:13:44 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" pid 100(hidd): [0x00000025000980a7] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968578.17" Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease pid 200(mds_stores): [0x0000034e000b8279] 00:00:00 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power" Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d130000 owner=USB Keyboard id=503 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d120000 owner=Lenovo Optical Mouse Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler  
      Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
      RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
      GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5
      Chipset: Intel C602
      Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
      SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  
      Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210 
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

for more info:

Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks !

Send me Yehias-Mac-Pro.zip
    • By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide
    • By RougeOne
      Budget Workstation MacOS 10.14.1 build: z370 AORUS Gaming 5 - i5-8600K - RX 580 - UHD 630
      flawless iGPU/dGPU integration, fast FCPX editing/rendering, great overall performance for ~$1200 / ~£1000

Update: updated WhateverGreen and Lilu, then updated OS to 10.14.3 and everything is fine! Even iMessage, which previously I hadn't been able to make work, is now working - possibly the update flushed the NVRAM?

I'm gonna come straight out and admit it - I used newb tools which are considered taboo on InsanelyMac, and so this isn't so much an installation guide as it is a green flag to anyone considering the same hardware. My first and previous Hackintosh project was just over ten years ago and this site was massively helpful, so this is my (very small) way of giving back.

EFI DIRECTORY
      http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97606131925137056003

HARDWARE
      CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz hexacore (contains UHD 630 iGPU)
      CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (no paste needed, and fan facing front)
      Mobo: GIGABYTE z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI)
      RAM: 1x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX C16 2666MHz (in first slot)
      GFX Card: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ SE
      SATA: used ports 0, 1, 3, 5 (HDD problems when connected to port 4)
      HDD: generic
      DVD Drive: generic
      PSU: EVGA 500W Semi Modular (but you should get 650W!)
      Case: CoolerMaster CM590 III
      Fans: 2x stock case fans (one sucky on front, one blowy on back), 3x be quiet! BL046 120mm fans (two blowy on top, one sucky on front). Airflow near-perfectly balanced.

ADVICE
      With the Clover configuration, you want to pay close attention to all things relating to graphics. There are some specific settings for ACPI, Boot, Devices and Graphics which should be copied exactly in order to get the iGPU and dGPU to work in perfect harmony. For instance, make sure you use ig-platform-id 59120003 rather than 59120000 if you want FCPX to be usable. With the right settings, FCPX will not only run, but run flawlessly.

I was not able to figure out how to make NVRAM/PRAM behave itself, and I got errors when I tried to issue relevant commands. As a result, I could not at first get iMessage to work properly. It worked once on my first installation attempt but not from subsequent attempts. This Clover configuration therefore has no consideration whatsoever toward iMessage reliability - however, iMessage ended up working somehow, anyway - I noticed it after I'd updated to 10.14.3 but this may just have been coincidence.

Onboard WiFi does not work. There is no driver for it. I'm using wired ethernet to a bridge router as it was cheaper than getting a compatible PCI card.

Audio is working well after I installed the z370 audio patch, then the ALC1220 codecs, then AppleALC.

With kexts for generic 3rd party SATA and generic 3rd party eSATA, my HDDs and DVD drive work perfectly well.

Sleep/Wake functions run perfectly. iCloud functions run perfectly. Shutdown leaves the mobo LEDs on, annoyingly.

My USB 3 ports seem to suffer from low power output, and I don't know why.

Overall, this system appears to run about as well under MacOS 10.14 Mojave as it does under Windows 7. I would solidly recommend this build to anyone looking to build a computer for workstation purposes, on a budget.
    • By JhonneR
      Good morning, everyone, I'm sorry if I was wrong in choosing the topic but I need help.
      I have found it extremely difficult to mount a Hackintosh in my acer.
      Setup;
      I5 2430m 2.4 6GB RAM
      Mobo P5we0 - Intel intel Graphics 3000
      At the moment I have not found out what my audio codecs are.
      but I'll leave the link on the motherboard.
      however, my real problem is several.
      I have already used the itakos image, I have already used several images that could be installed normally and that after installing the image I do not have internet via cable or wireless.
      And another, I already looked in other forums and I know that I will be called a donkey in the logical question but I have not been able to install the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or clover to start from the Hard Disk, so I do not know what to do.At the moment I still do not know if there has already been someone who has already installed the High Sierra or just the Sierra in this notebook model and obtained permanent success.
      If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful.
      Installations without success, but with the system already installed in ACER;
      SIERRA
      HIGH SIERRA
      MOJAVE
      All with the same symptom. Starting only by the bootable USB stick and without internet connection via cable and wireless.
      Appreciate ! Acer 5750 Official Page