Maxwell GPU with Clover Yosemite Installer

altares

7 posts in this topic

I suspect that the annoying reboot of the USB flash disk (just after DSMOS has arrived) has to do with Clover not supporting my Maxwell GPU (970 GTX).

In the config file, I tried using:
- No injection
- Nvidia Injection
- nvda_drv = 1

On the verbose text at boot time, I can clearly see a line resembling this : Using Nvidia Official.
Soon After, I get a black screen and a reboot.

Is there a way to use Nvidia's newly released web driver in Clover Flash drive?

FYI, I tried copying the NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext from S/L/E to Clover's USB kext directory without success. Maybe there is a way to do it more securely that I'm not aware of?

Which NVDIA WebDriver Package did you use?

The one from downloaded from NVDIA's Support Site, requires your SMBIOS to be configured to Mac Pro 5,1, 4,1 or 3,1:

This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only.

This one has been modified to be compatible with all SMBIOS's..
http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4268-nvidia-webdrivers-installer-nvda4all-for-yosemite-10100/

I notice the extracted Web Driver pkg contains 9 Standard kext and 4 bundled kexts.

GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle
GeForceTeslaGAWeb.plugin
GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle
GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle
GeForceTeslaWeb.kext
GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle
GeForceWeb.kext
NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext
NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext
NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext
NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext
NVDAResmanWeb.kext
NVDAStartup.kext
NVIDIA_Web_Kext.txt

Which NVDIA WebDriver Package did you use?

The one from downloaded from NVDIA's Support Site, requires your SMBIOS to be configured to Mac Pro 5,1, 4,1 or 3,1:

This one has been modified to be compatible with all SMBIOS's..

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4268-nvidia-webdrivers-installer-nvda4all-for-yosemite-10100/

I notice the extracted Web Driver pkg contains 9 Standard kext and 4 bundled kexts.

GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle

GeForceTeslaGAWeb.plugin

GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle

GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle

GeForceTeslaWeb.kext

GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle

GeForceWeb.kext

NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext

NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext

NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext

NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext

NVDAResmanWeb.kext

NVDAStartup.kext

NVIDIA_Web_Kext.txt

I was not aware of that. Thank you!

Do you think I can put all of those files inside my Clover's Kext folder? Is it the only thing to do for it to use these drivers? Do I need to put everything there (.bundle too?)

UPDATE:

I tried it and I have an allocation issue now in Clover which makes it impossible to boot. I tried setting the "dart" to 0 to map the extended memory but it does not change a thing. Tried also "nvda_drv=0" to bypass hardware rendering at all but still I have that "using Nvidia Official" line that still persist... I have no clue whatsoever what to do now.

dart=0 is to disable VT-D. The correct flags you are looking for are slide=0 for memory allocation, and nv_disable=1 to disable graphics.

Thanks, I used successfully nv_disable=1 and got into the Yosemite installer in software mode. Then, rebooted using the same USB flash into the HDD and KP unfortunately.

Do you have any clue on why I get KP with the HDD and not the flash Installer (using the same boot inside the USB flash)? I tried putting many other kexts in Clover without success (AHCI_3rdParty_SATA, AppleIntelE1000e, NullCPUPowerMangement).

FYI, my Z87X-UD5H and everything worked fine with Chimera on Yosemite.

What does the kernel panic say? If it reboots before you can see it, use debug=0x100.

Woah, thanks for that spoiler!

Here is what is says:

Panic(CPU 0 caller ...) : "imageboot_mount_image: dl_root_image failed: 2\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2782.1.97/bsd/kern/imageboot.c:142

Do you think it has to do with the installation on the HDD, maybe it's corrupt? The Yosemite image I used comes directly from my own App store account (legit).

UPDATE:

Gonna try installing again & see.

UPDATE2:

It was corrupt (SSDs are delicate..). So it went well the second time, and I got to the desktop. At long last.

Well.. all of this was to test out a theory of mine. I already had a working Yosemite installation using Chameleon bootloader (working perfectly fine except for iMessages) that I migrated to Clover. Now this particular setup has a very annoying issue which I describe here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301792-kp-report-at-login-everytime/

My theory since a few days was that it had to do with the migration process and that a full Clover install from scratch wouldn't have that behaviour.

Apparently, I was wrong all along:

Now I've got the exact same reports on every login, even with the very first one when I just had my first boot into Yosemite. This is even without installing the web driver from Nvidia, I'm still talking about software mode (nv_disable=1).

So I installed the web driver hoping for a change. No luck on that either.

Please, tell me you've got an idea? You've been a BIG help already and I thank you for that.