Yosemite hangs when reconnecting single display

stingray_454

1 post in this topic

I have an odd issue - basically, if I disconnect the display, the computer stays on and is working normally. When running without display connected, it reports the display to be "internal display", which I guess is to be expected. However, when I re-connect the display to the computer, it crashes. I tried the same thing under Windows on the same computer where it works fine, so it seems to be some OS X issue. An interesting thing is that if I connect with Screen Sharing to the computer from another mac and leave that running when unplugging / replugging, everything works fine. I suspect there is some issue with reconnecting a display when it's the only display output there is.

I'm running an AMD 290X GPU, but I don't think that's the problem as I get the same behavior on all ports, and also on the IGPU (HD4600). Also, the system.log shows no entries at all when the crash happens.

Has anyone else had this problem, or got any suggestions or where to start looking? I have tried some minor things like changing system definition, set internal display resolution to same as the screens, tried hotkey for detecting displays when replugging monitor and such, but no luck so far. Any ideas?