Cannot reach installation on Dell Inspiron 11 3147

qwqwqw

31 posts in this topic

Great News! It seems that the solution to the clock problem is simply to use chameleon/chimera in legacy mode. With this kernel, I have a fully working installation of mavericks on my dell inspiron 11 i3147 with chameleon v2538. The only thing that still doesnt work is the graphics. Animations are fine, the only bootflags I have to use after I rebuilt the kernel and kext caches are npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 and "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32". Touchpad and touchscreen fully working, mulitgestures and all, sound, wifi, bluetooth (replaced card with dell DW1560 wifi, $37 when I bought it).I cannot express how immensely appreciative I am of this kernel. If anybody would like more information please reply and I will post my config, kexts, etc.

Also, I am pretty much desperate to find a way to enable qe/ci on this thing. I know it's intel gen7, based off of ivy bridge (HD4000) so it shouldn't be too hard to patch the intelcaprifb and intel hd4000 kexts to enable support.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Great News! It seems that the solution to the clock problem is simply to use chameleon/chimera in legacy mode. With this kernel, I have a fully working installation of mavericks on my dell inspiron 11 i3147 with chameleon v2538. The only thing that still doesnt work is the graphics. Animations are fine, the only bootflags I have to use after I rebuilt the kernel and kext caches are npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 and "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32". Touchpad and touchscreen fully working, mulitgestures and all, sound, wifi, bluetooth (replaced card with dell DW1560 wifi, $37 when I bought it).I cannot express how immensely appreciative I am of this kernel. If anybody would like more information please reply and I will post my config, kexts, etc.

Also, I am pretty much desperate to find a way to enable qe/ci on this thing. I know it's intel gen7, based off of ivy bridge (HD4000) so it shouldn't be too hard to patch the intelcaprifb and intel hd4000 kexts to enable support.

I'd appreciate the info. cgsg2017.. Just picked up an Inspiron 11 3000 with a N3050. Would be great to pursue the possibilities of this. Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hm... According to ark.intel.com, the Celeron N3050 is actually Braswell - but it very well may still have the same issue as our Pentium N3530 where its FSB is under 90KHz, so that kernel is worth a try.

If you could download a program for windows called Speccy (free), then run it, go to the CPU section, and then please post the values listed for "Code Name", "Bus Speed", "Stock Core Speed", and "Stock Bus Speed", that would be really helpful.

On a bit of a time crunch right now, will post configs and kexts soon.

P.S. I'm a bit forgetful so if I don't reply again with the info soon and someone really needs it just PM me a friendly reminder, Thanks :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hm... According to ark.intel.com, the Celeron N3050 is actually Braswell - but it very well may still have the same issue as our Pentium N3530 where its FSB is under 90KHz, so that kernel is worth a try.

If you could download a program for windows called Speccy (free), then run it, go to the CPU section, and then please post the values listed for "Code Name", "Bus Speed", "Stock Core Speed", and "Stock Bus Speed", that would be really helpful.

On a bit of a time crunch right now, will post configs and kexts soon.

P.S. I'm a bit forgetful so if I don't reply again with the info soon and someone really needs it just PM me a friendly reminder, Thanks :P

Hi,cgsg2017

I'm trying to install Mavericks on the same system for a friend. Could you post you're config, kexts, etc? 

Would be very much appreciated! :)

• 11 months later...

Hello. I've finally installed OSX 10.9 on my Dell, wihout BusSpeedkHz option. To achieve it, I had to compile the kernel myself.

I removed the CPU whitelist, applied lapic patch and changed the minimum frequency from 90MHz to 70MHz. Then it booted with just "-f ncpi=0x3000 cpus=4" flags.

Now the problem is with the GPU - there's no QE/CI - framebuffer works nice with native resolution, AR9565 WiFi seems like not quite supported and the CPU works constantly on 2.19GHz. USB works flawlessly, touchpad, keyboard and Bluetooth also. Audio should work with kexts.

In the attachement is my modded kernel.

Waiting for suggestions.

Can you make a kernel for a newer OS such as el cap or sierra? I downloaded a kernel taht supposedly adds n3530 support to 10.11.6 but it does not boot.

• 1 month later...

DSDT.zip

Hi,cgsg2017

I'm trying to install Mavericks on the same system for a friend. Could you post you're config, kexts, etc? 

Would be very much appreciated! :)

Hey @Piranhax! Sorry for the long response, been busy moving in to college and what not. Attached is my patched ACPI files from when I still had this laptop, I was lucky to still have a backup of it in the cloud, yet peculiarly there was no backup of my boot plist. If anything most of the essentials in boot config were just "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x3000.

Can you make a kernel for a newer OS such as el cap or sierra? I downloaded a kernel taht supposedly adds n3530 support to 10.11.6 but it does not boot.

@pianoguy, I looked into this as well before getting a new computer, the patch used for the kernel on page 1 of this thread is no longer applicable past 10.9 due to apple changing a few things about how the kernel works on 10.10 and on.

Might I also mention, as I should have before, that I used the Niresh distro installer for 10.9.

Edited by cgsg2017