Wireless internet for EVERYONE! if LAN = 0kay!

jordanvanbergen

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I would like to post that wireless internet using OSX(86) is possible for everyone as long as you have your LAN working. Most users have a working LAN but not a working wireless connection at the moment. I tested the following and it's working:

I tested the USRobotics 802.11g Wireless Gaming Adapter and Ethernet Bridge, see:

http://www.usr.com/products/networking/wir...asp?sku=USR5430

This one is working over your LAN connection and it's working 100%. I have had wireless internet as of day 1 using OSX(86). So for every one that needs wireless Internet this could be a temporary solution. One disadvantage of this product is that it needs it's one power supply.

Hope this is a nice workaround for everyone wanting wireless but being not able at the moment because of lack of drivers.

Regards

Jordan

Aha, didn't read the full forum ;-) I myself am looking for specific acer IPN2220 Wireless LAN Card drivers but for the moment I can do with such a device as in the above postings.

Regards

Jordan

• 4 months later...

Hey ..

i think anybody could set up that connection ...

I know ... i did :P

But now I'm trying to get my USR5416 / 802.11g Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter working (without Linuxant Driverloader offcourse) ... haven't succeeded yet :P

Maybe someone allready did ? If you did ... reply :D

Well , i'm off ..

greetz