ASUS F45C-VX009H - Don't even get to boot welcome screen

9 posts in this topic

I've been trying for a few time to install on this notebook:
Core i3 3110M - 2.4Ghz

6Gb RAM

750Gb HD

Intel HD4000

I've tried to install using usb created by myHack. Nothing has been changed on the target usb and I've used a clean .dmg file, downloaded from appstore inside a virtual machine.

By following mendietinha's suggestions, I've tried to boot using the following parameters:

IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -f -v

... and this is where it hangs: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3aaa0f8aca34783a&id=3AAA0F8ACA34783A%21157893&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!AGZqBIh8GGKWrcI

What in the seven kingdoms I can do in order to make it work? (if it is possible)

First of all, let us know, what version of 10.9  usb installer you are using, 10.9  or 10.9.4

MyHack,  use internal app to detect kexts needed to put extra  kexts inside it's plugin in folder, in SLE  my hack.kext.

if you are generate your USB installer from a VM,  you will not have correct plugins.

HD4000  may need patches,  you may need to delete  the associated kexts, in single user mode,  after installation is complete.

then find and download patched kext etc to make it work.

Correct way to this, 

1.  Download  Mavericks installer App from Apple Store,

2.  Follow guides from this forum to create a USB installer for you from INSTALLER APP. (NO NIRESH,  No MyHack)

if your PC is not UEFI,   use chameleon boot loader for your PC,

if your PC is UEFI,  set it to legacy mode and use Chameleon,

if you really need it in UEFI mode for win8.1,  then use Clover Loader.

use minimum kexts for installations,  add others Kexts,  after completed installation.

for laptop,   fakesmc (no plugins), or/and NullCpuPower,  VoodooPS2controller (don't worry about touch pad yet)

Some pc/laptop may need Patched AppleRTC (don't need this with Clover) (this is only needed, if you have CMOS corruption)

some pc/laptop may need EvoReboot, (use this only if you are not able to shutdown/reboot).

the current installer app version is 10.9.4.

I never did try Chimera Loader,  some people on the net said,  it is better for Laptops (more boot flags can be used to fix graphic problems)

you may try chimera after installations.

in case you are not able to find  the  guides,

A. Get OSX install App (ex: “OS X Mavericks.App” )

must be in  Applications Folder

B.     Prepare USB drive 

1. GUID partition and NAME it USB

2.     copy the following to   Console Terminal

sudo su

/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --no interaction

C.  install loader on your USB drive ( chameleon s/b newer than 2391,   clover s/b 2795 or newer)

(google each loader to find out, what you have to do)

if with  this flag,  IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 -f -v

still unable to boot, goto usb installer's Extensions  folder  and

remove all appleintelHD4* and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri  

it will install at 1024x768 (you may have screen over/under scan problem,

but still able to install osx, and after installation,

install the patched HD4000 kexts. (they available on net for 10.9)

Hm, yeah, still no good. Computer still hangs at the very same place I've posted on my first post. Tried with all the flags mentioned earlier, no flags, with the AppleIntelHD* kexts (there was no kexts with the pattern AppleIntelHD4*), without the kexts... there MUST be something wrong!

post your boot screen

list loader and versions (like chameleon 2391, clover 2795 (2 days ago test new clover 28xx not working on GA-EP43)

if you do'nt have other graphcs card installed,

save to remove AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelFrame* from /System /Library /Extensions

this works only on a installed Disk,

to remove this from an installer is very long process,

- need to open the OSX base system dmg, clone it a new DMG with write premission

- goto the binary.package , use pacifist to extract it to a work folder, remove unwanted kext.

- use flat package editor, to recreate the  binary.pkg

- not using osx installer to create a USB install,   use the old method (google it,  usb created by restore dmg to usb drive method)

Much simple way,  see Cloning methods,

post your boot screen

list loader and versions (like chameleon 2391, clover 2795 (2 days ago test new clover 28xx not working on GA-EP43)

if you do'nt have other graphcs card installed,

save to remove AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelFrame* from /System /Library /Extensions

this works only on a installed Disk,

to remove this from an installer is very long process,

- need to open the OSX base system dmg, clone it a new DMG with write premission

- goto the binary.package , use pacifist to extract it to a work folder, remove unwanted kext.

- use flat package editor, to recreate the  binary.pkg

- not using osx installer to create a USB install,   use the old method (google it,  usb created by restore dmg to usb drive method)

Much simple way,  see Cloning methods,

could you please point me to a tutorial on how to clone? Cloning from a VM works?

See the "little help" posts.

First part - create a vm for 10.9.4  (lot of youtube video are out there)

Second part - make vm clone,   vmware site forum for help.

VMware WS10 cloning methods were tested to create Yosemite PB1 or GA-EP43,  Acer-ATC605, Gateway laptop  ID49C04h (all working 100%)

Mavericks, was tested to work on:  AMD GA-785M 940-X4 cpu (with 10.9.2 patched kernel),

ON GA-EP43 and Gateway Laptop.

Or Google this to ge to link,

ws10 yosemite