Yosemite only on first partition?

boron

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Well I got my Acer 5742 running Mav great, QEiCI, iMessage all that. Thought I would give Yosemite a try. So I tried it on a second partition. No go. It gives up without message while it’s reading kexts. 

But I could get it to run when it is one it’s own disk or as the first partition. I’ve tried Chameleon 2280 and 2391. The boot.plists are the same. I’ve tried installing to 0md and I’ve tried every boot flag I know. I’ve cloned them back and forth, but it always fails in the same way when it’s the second partition! I don’t see anything in my EFI partition when I mount it.

Can anybody tell me what’s going on here?

Hi Guys

Well I got my Acer 5742 running Mav great, QEiCI, iMessage all that. Thought I would give Yosemite a try. So I tried it on a second partition. No go. It gives up without message while it’s reading kexts. 

But I could get it to run when it is one it’s own disk or as the first partition. I’ve tried Chameleon 2280 and 2391. The boot.plists are the same. I’ve tried installing to 0md and I’ve tried every boot flag I know. I’ve cloned them back and forth, but it always fails in the same way when it’s the second partition! I don’t see anything in my EFI partition when I mount it.

Can anybody tell me what’s going on here?

Take a look here 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298753-boot-usb-os-x-yosemite-chameleon/