DELL Inspiron 7437 Lid/Sleep/Wake Issues

charliebounce

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I have a this laptop and it works almost perfectly under Mavericks (Specs below). Just one problem, Sometimes when I close the lid, it does not sleep at all. This happens approximately 1 in 5 occasions. On the other 4 in 5 occasions, it will sleep just fine. I can tell that it is sleeping because it disappears from the network when it sleeps properly. I also always check any assertions (pmset -g assertions) to ensure that no background services are preventing sleep. 

When I use the Apple Logo->Sleep from Finder and close the lid, It will sleep just fine every time and I can safely close the lid once the keyboard backlight turns off. 

-Intel i7 4510U

-Intel HD 4400 (1920x1080 kexts from 10.9.1 to enable HDMI)
-8GB RAM
-ALC283 Audio (small issue with headphone audio)
-Replaced Intel Dual Band 7260-N with Broadcom BCM94352HMB.

Have any of you guys experienced this issue before? Is the away (maybe a small App) that will force sleep every time I close the lid. I have tried a few DSDT patches (thanks Rehabman) but no success yet.

Yes sleep is working perfectly from the Apple menu. Its just that when I close the lid, sometimes it sleeps and sometimes it does not sleep. On occasions when it does't sleep, the lid does not turn on when I open and I have to force turn off by the power button or access from another Mac using "Share Screen" to shutdown. So it clear that on this occasion it did not sleep.