Sudden boot0: GPT / boot0: test / boot0: done problem on previously working system

Glaedr

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, this morning when I rebooted my Hackintosh system I was greeted by the following lines instead of the usual Chameleon menu:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

I was able to boot from an USB stick which had an OS X installer, and therefore Chameleon, on, but none of the common repairs helped. I tried to reinstall Chameleon, update to the latest SVN non-testing version, install Chameleon in another partition of the same disk on which i had installed Yosemite for testing (it didn't boot from there either), use the well known dd command (without the bs=4096 parameter) even if it doesn't look like the classic 4K sector issue (I do have a WD Caviar Black but as far as I know the 4K sector problem shows up with a "boot0: error" line).

I am attaching a DarwinDump hoping some of you will know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

You can try this 

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .
and clic Unmount 

see this picture 
01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility 

and type this 

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD    ;)

You can try this

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .

and clic Unmount

see this picture

01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility

and type this

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD ;)

That would be the well known dd command I wrote about above...already tried, not working, sorry.

• 9 months later...