Haswell Thinkpad - I fixed DSDT and got more errors...

WiLL.Mz

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting a topic on InsanelyMac :D I' m a new fighter of Hackintosh, recent days I tried to use DSDT for my laptop battery management, but I met some trouble on fixing errors. After fixing one error, I got new 201 errors!!! Can anyone help me? I want to know why... Do those 201 errors exist before I fix the DSDT???

My CPU is Haswell Core i5-4200M, DSDT is got in OS X 10.9.4, Clover, original version by DarwinDumper. Thanks a lot! :wub: 

DSDT.aml.zip

You would get a better result if you disassemble all native OEM files at once. Extract all DSDT/SSDT and place in a single directory, then use a recent build of iasl in Terminal to disassemble:

cd to-directory-where-DSDT-SSDTs-are-at
iasl -da *.aml

Work with the resulting *.dsl files.

Please see this attach, aml and dsl, thank u very much :) (And thanks for your tools, they help me more~)

Definitely not all the tables (they look like generated tables from Clover?). Extract all tables with Linux. They are at /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Note: You can also extract tables by pressing F4 at Clover bootloader screen. They'll be in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. I find the tables from Linux more complete/accurate. YMMV.

Yes, they are generated from Clover...OK, I will upload new tables tomorrow with Linux and I must go to bed...See u tomorrow ^_^

Using generated files does not make sense. You need to disassemble with native OEM files.

Using generated files does not make sense. You need to disassemble with native OEM files.

Hey, RehabMan, I don't know how to extract tables with Linux, so I use AIDA64 on Windows and just get 4 warnings, I think I can fix them by myself.

And do original tables have conflict with "config.plist"? I was not sure that so I extracted generated files.

Hey, RehabMan, I don't know how to extract tables with Linux, so I use AIDA64 on Windows and just get 4 warnings, I think I can fix them by myself.

And do original tables have conflict with "config.plist"? I was not sure that so I extracted generated files.

Warnings do not need to be fixed...

Not sure what you mean by "original tables... conflict... config.plist". config.plist is Clover bootloader configuration... separate from ACPI tables.

Now I meet new problem, I try to patch your "Brightness fix(Haswell)", because my laptop is ThinkPad I use "Rename VID to IGPU", and I get 28 errors...And can u tell me the reason?

DSDT.dsl.zip

Now I meet new problem, I try to patch your "Brightness fix(Haswell)", because my laptop is ThinkPad I use "Rename VID to IGPU", and I get 28 errors...And can u tell me the reason?

Your DSDT contains two VID devices. One at PCI0.VID and another at PCI0.PEG.VID. Makes automatic rename difficult... You will need to do the rename manually, renaming only PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU.

Your DSDT contains two VID devices. One at PCI0.VID and another at PCI0.PEG.VID. Makes automatic rename difficult... You will need to do the rename manually, renaming only PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU.

I have renamed them by myself(It's really tough。。。), and I find there is no effect on the brightness...I will try the VoodooPS2, sincerely grateful for u~ :D

I have renamed them by myself(It's really tough。。。), and I find there is no effect on the brightness...I will try the VoodooPS2, sincerely grateful for u~ :D

Post ioreg if you want me to look (use IORegistryExplore v2.1)

Post ioreg if you want me to look (use IORegistryExplore v2.1)

Here it is. Is this file very important and someone may attack my computer easier by it?(Haha, maybe this question is foolish, but I haven' t heard such files before)

WiLL.Mz.ioreg.zip

You did not install ACPIBacklight.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Oh, that' s too bad, I don't know it needs this kext, hahaha. I will install it, and I have some questions:

1. My computer has Nvida Optimus, I can disable Nvida card now in BIOS, but it's inconvenient for if I want to use it in Windows I must go to BIOS. So if I disable independent graphic card through DSDT, and boot Windows by Clover, can I use Optimus in Windows and use internal card in Mac at the same time?

2. There are two lights of the Fn keys, one is for mute, the other is for mic, how can I make them work by DSDT?

Oh, that' s too bad, I don't know it needs this kext, hahaha. I will install it, and I have some questions:

1. My computer has Nvida Optimus, I can disable Nvida card now in BIOS, but it's inconvenient for if I want to use it in Windows I must go to BIOS. So if I disable independent graphic card through DSDT, and boot Windows by Clover, can I use Optimus in Windows and use internal card in Mac at the same time?

You should probably read this entire thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/

2. There are two lights of the Fn keys, one is for mute, the other is for mic, how can I make them work by DSDT?

You would have to figure out how they are controlled in DSDT/EC (if possible) and then write some code in one or more kexts to manipulate the LEDs.