Problem with the Darwin bootloader

Jonathan Ryan

3 posts in this topic

I'm using the Deadmoo image. I have it on my drive, and it is bootable.

When the bootloader tries to load the OS, some text flashes very quickly, then it goes back to the bootloader screen. -x does nothing, and neither do several other combinations of the flags that I have tried. Using -v and the pause key, I got information claiming it had loaded the .plist files, and was loading the HFS, and no error messages. It acts the same way on my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop and my Athlon XP desktop.

Any tips?

First of all, are you trying to boot it in Vmware, or Natively? Second of all, If it is running Native, Are you sure you DD'd it to your harddrive correctly? From your information, it seems as if It is missing certain boot information, such as the necessary startup kexts, or mach_kernel. Something similar happened to me after I mucked around with the kext's on my system. Secondly, make sure the image you downloaded was not corrupted in any way, as this could contribute to any problems you may be experienceing. Other than that, I'm really not sure what else to tell you, other than to re-download the image, or consider downloading the original DVD and installing it yourself.

First of all, are you trying to boot it in Vmware, or Natively? Second of all, If it is running Native, Are you sure you DD'd it to your harddrive correctly? From your information, it seems as if It is missing certain boot information, such as the necessary startup kexts, or mach_kernel. Something similar happened to me after I mucked around with the kext's on my system. Secondly, make sure the image you downloaded was not corrupted in any way, as this could contribute to any problems you may be experienceing. Other than that, I'm really not sure what else to tell you, other than to re-download the image, or consider downloading the original DVD and installing it yourself.

I'm booting natively. I've also seen the same image used on other PCs without a problem. I can boot to mach_kernel.old, but now I get the "still waiting on root device" problem.

Here is the thread for my new problem:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=3042