[GUIDE-with video]Mountain lion 10.8.2 & Asus K50ID

1 post in this topic

I installed mac on my Asus a couple hunder times so I decided to make a tutorial.

What you are going to need for installation :

-iAtkos ML2

-USB if you want to download all the files on to it so you are good to go.

-Bootloader --CHECK THE VIDEO--

Installation :

1.Begin as booting from your bootable DVD or USB iAtkos ML2

2.Press F8,type -v and press enter. If you get errors post them here I will be glad to help.

3.Once booted inside the installer open Disk Utility by going to Utilities -> Disk Utility.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING MAC OS ON YOUR WHOLE HARD DRIVE

-select your HDD

-go to Partition tab

-select 1 partition 

-in Options select GUID Partiton Table

-select Mac Os Extended (Journaled)

-name it

-click Apply

IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE PARTITIONS/DUAL BOOT

-select your partiton

-go to Erase tab

-select Mac Os Extended (Journaled)

-name it

-Erase

___________________________________________________________________________________________

4.Close Disk Utility

5.Press continue,select your partition / HDD and click customize.

6.Leave everything as it is and only select PS/2 and Laptop Battery under Driver->Main Hardware and you're good to go.

7.Click OK then click Install.

8.Let it install and reboot itself.

9.Depending if you installed it on your whole HDD or just a partition you might or might not be able to boot from your hard drive,however I always like to boot from the DVD because it lets you select partitions and boot options.

10.Boot from DVD again,select Mac Os X(or what ever you named it) this time and type -v,press enter.

11.Once its boots fill in all your information and go through all of that...

12.Now you are in your Mac Os,good job! :D Next it's tme to install all the drivers and such. Right out of the box you will see that your wifi works and so does your USB,like I showed in the video.

13.Either copy the Extra folder from your USB to your desktop or download it using safari. (All rights go to the people at applelife)

14.Open up your downloaded Extra folder and the Extra folder located on your Hard drive / partition,

In order to see your HDD you need to go to(top left of your screen) Finder->Prefrences and check Hard disks.

15.Copy everything except the Install and modules folder from the downloaded Extra folder to the Extra folder that is on your HDD,and replace anything it asks you if you want to replace.

If this is too complicated check the video.

16.Open up modules folder in both Extra folders and copy the contents from the modules folder (in the downloaded Extra folder to the HDD Extra folder) and replace everything it asks you if you want to replace.

17.Now open your Install folder inside the downloaded Extra folder and go to the search (top right on your taskbar) and type in Kext Utility and open it.

18.Wait for the Kext Utility to say Done before installing any kexts.

19.When it says Done. Drag and drop kext,one by one into the kext utilty and enter your password. Wait for it to say All done have a nice day/night... then repeat the process for each kext.

20.Once you have installed all the kexts you are ready to install your bootloader.For some reason only --CHECK THE VIDEO-- works for me so install that.

21.Place the DSDT.aml and org.chameleon.Boot.plist on to your desktop and open --CHECK THE VIDEO--

22.Select UserDSDT and Chimera v2.2.1 under Drivers and bootloaders - > Bootloaders 

Under themes select what ever you like.

And install it!

23.It will say The installation failed,dont worry thats normal.

24.Reboot!

25.Your reboot will work normally now that you installed --CHECK THE VIDEO--

26.Enjoy your mac! :D

15e9u0k.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please post feedback it means alot! Ask me if you have any problems I would love to help.

Check the youtube video if you didn't quite understand everything, And please let me know what you think!

| The video is being uploaded atm. :P |

*--CHECK THE VIDEO--* Means to check the video which bootloader I used since the forum doesn't allow me to post it's name in here!