Assistance installing Mac OS X

1 post in this topic

So, after finally buying a new Asus laptop (a big upgrade from my old dv6739nr), I was pleasantly surprised to see it had an Intel inside.

So I downloaded iATKOS ML2 (Mac OS X 10.8.2) and followed the Windows guide (involving 2 USB drives, dmg2img, Clover, and a few other utilities) and got it to install without any additional boot flags. (It worked software-accelerated because the Intel HD kexts caused kernel panics). It battery wasn't read by the os, WiFi and Ethernet wouldn't activate and, worse of all, no matter what method I tried, I could not install a bootloader to the hard drive.

So I decided to reinstall, using the Mac install guide (involving restoring the DMG and installing the bootloader to the USB) and choosing the appropriate battery and intel hd drivers/patches, and now the installer is in 1024*768 and I can't get the computer to boot into the hard drive no matter what flag (kernel panics).

Here are my specs, can my PC install Mountain Lion? If so, what options should I choose during install?

ASUS X550CA-SI50304V:

Intel i5-3337u

Intel HD Graphics 4000 mobile

500GB HDD

Atheros wireless card (I don't know what specific model)

No Bluetooth

4GB RAM

I still have the Clover USB drive, and the installer drive.

I've spent days trying to figure out and troubleshoot this myself, but now I need some expert help.