Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Assistance installing Mac OS X

1 post in this topic

So, after finally buying a new Asus laptop (a big upgrade from my old dv6739nr), I was pleasantly surprised to see it had an Intel inside.

So I downloaded iATKOS ML2 (Mac OS X 10.8.2) and followed the Windows guide (involving 2 USB drives, dmg2img, Clover, and a few other utilities) and got it to install without any additional boot flags. (It worked software-accelerated because the Intel HD kexts caused kernel panics). It battery wasn't read by the os, WiFi and Ethernet wouldn't activate and, worse of all, no matter what method I tried, I could not install a bootloader to the hard drive.

So I decided to reinstall, using the Mac install guide (involving restoring the DMG and installing the bootloader to the USB) and choosing the appropriate battery and intel hd drivers/patches, and now the installer is in 1024*768 and I can't get the computer to boot into the hard drive no matter what flag (kernel panics).

Here are my specs, can my PC install Mountain Lion? If so, what options should I choose during install?

ASUS X550CA-SI50304V:

Intel i5-3337u

Intel HD Graphics 4000 mobile

Atheros wireless card (I don't know what specific model)

No Bluetooth

I still have the Clover USB drive, and the installer drive.

I've spent days trying to figure out and troubleshoot this myself, but now I need some expert help.