Help on installing AppleMotion2 (MAC on PC)

cupi

11 posts in this topic

I've been trying to tun mac on my pc, so far I can run itunes and some other applications. Now I'm desperately trying to install AppleMotion2 but I failed for some reason, don't know what.. Does anyone have the same problem with me? Can you install AppleMotion2 if you're running Mac under PC? Can anyone help.. help? help me pleaseeeee *desperate mode on* >.<~~~

Thanks a bunch for ur help =D

It gave me error saying that my hardware specification doesn't meet the requirement.. I'm guessing this has something to do with the CoreGraphic, but when I replaced the CoreGraphic with the untouched one like this guy guide http://osx86.theplaceforitall.com/howto/ I couldn't even go to the desktop, It stucked on the apple sign with the spinning loading icon.

Here's my Laptop spec.

Acer TravelMate 4202WLCi

- Intel Core Duo Processor T2300

(1.66 GHz, 667MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

- 60GB HDD 5400rpm

- 768MB DDR2 ( support dual-channel )

and I'm using 300GB external HD for the osx86

ok hopefully you havent uninstalled it yet because you just need to update it.

go to the little blue apple in your right hand corner of the screen and click on it and choose software update. choose the update fot apple motion but beware. dont install the 10.4.8 update or itunes update if you have only sse2 processor.

post back and see if it worked

You didn't answer my OSX question. If you are running 10.4.1, you are going to have lots of trouble running Intel OSX apps. Apple significantly changed OSX starting with 10.4.3 and as a result, most current Intel OSX apps won't run in 10.4.1

If you still want to install, try this:

Right-click on the install and select Show Package Contents.

Open the Contents folder and the Resources folder.

Drag InstallationCheck and VolumeCheck (if it is there) to the Trash.

Try the installer.

Yeah i have the whole suite of Final Cut Pro running on my hackintosh. had no problems installing it or running it for that matter. Do you have QE/CI enabled on your graphics card? It is essential to have this enabled on your Graphics card, if it isn't then there is no point installing Motion as it will run very slowly since it heavily uses your graphics card.

What version of Apple motion are you installing? Universal binary?