Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

AMD Kernel (Error Edited Virgin DSDT KP)

1 post in this topic

As of right now, I am having an issue getting a DSDT decompiled and working. My original DSDT from BIOS had 123-125 Errors using ACPI 4 and 5. I tried fixing all these errors myself and was successful in doing so. However when trying a patch for USB/UHCI wake from sleep, I would get a kernel panic. I thought my original error edited Virgin DSDT was having an issue in the first place rather than the actual patch. What I did then is try installing that DSDT and booting, and would reveal the same Kernel Panic trying to load the ACPIPlatform kernel extension right at the beginning of boot. I read around some threads and saw that sometimes a DSDT is not saved as ACPI Machine Language Binary, but rather a text file, later revealing the kernel panic. I played around with different ways of saving, and running the cat command to see if any text would be revealed. I don't think that saving as an AML is an issue at this point as I've had a few other people in the chatroom test it and make me try a bit. I also have a SSDT from Rampage Dev's AMD DMG installed as well, and that's about it. As of right now I am using Bronya's RC7 Kernel for 10.9.2 on an FX CPU.

Any idea how to shed some light on this issue? I know AMD Tables for ACPI are much different than Intel's and decompiling is a completely different process, but not sure how to continue on.

Posted are the DSDT, IOReg, and SSDT