Lenovo Flex 15

rdracing

12 posts in this topic

I've been working on getting my Lenovo Flex 15 fully functional under Mavericks 10.9.3. I gotten pretty close just dual booting Mavericks/Windows 8.1 with Clover booting EFI without a DSDT. 

I don't have much experience editing a RAW DSDT, so now I'm stuck. I've extracted my DSDT in every way I have found available. No mater how I compile it (DSDT editor, MaciASL) I always end up with 201 errors most of which are "Object does not exist". Using the "fix errors" button in DSDT editor, it fixes zero errors. I could probably struggle my way through a few errors, but 201!

I'm attaching the original raw DSDT in hope that someway can point me in the right direction as to getting an error free DSDT that I can apply some patches to.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

-Ron

DSDT.aml.zip

I've been working on getting my Lenovo Flex 15 fully functional under Mavericks 10.9.3. I gotten pretty close just dual booting Mavericks/Windows 8.1 with Clover booting EFI without a DSDT. 

I don't have much experience editing a RAW DSDT, so now I'm stuck. I've extracted my DSDT in every way I have found available. No mater how I compile it (DSDT editor, MaciASL) I always end up with 201 errors most of which are "Object does not exist". Using the "fix errors" button in DSDT editor, it fixes zero errors. I could probably struggle my way through a few errors, but 201!

I'm attaching the original raw DSDT in hope that someway can point me in the right direction as to getting an error free DSDT that I can apply some patches to.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

-Ron

You will get a better disassembly if you extract all DSDT/SSDTs in Linux, then disassemble with a recent build of iasl:

iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Thank's RehabMan. I am downloading the a Live version of Linux now. Is there a GUI you would recommend for Linux to extract the DSDT/SSDT's (I had 5 SSDT's), or should I stick to terminal?

Terminal. "cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables mount-point-of-a-usb-stick-formatted-fat32"

RehabMan, Thanks again for your time. Running the command you listed above in Terminal extracted all the APCI info and placed them in a folder named "tables". However the files do not have extensions. I know that the DDST and main SSDT (all caps) are .aml and the lower case ssdt files a .dat, After downloading and installing the latest version of iasl, I ran the disassemble command " iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml ", but I get an error No such file or directory. I'm guessing it's because the source files do not have the .aml extension. Do I need to add the .aml to both DDST and SSDT, as well as the .dat to the the numbered lower case ssdt file to complete the disassembly?

Sorry for the stupid questions, as I said I don't spend much time with Terminal.

-Ron

RehabMan, Thanks again for your time. Running the command you listed above in Terminal extracted all the APCI info and placed them in a folder named "tables". However the files do not have extensions. I know that the DDST and main SSDT (all caps) are .aml and the lower case ssdt files a .dat, After downloading and installing the latest version of iasl, I ran the disassemble command " iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml ", but I get an error No such file or directory. I'm guessing it's because the source files do not have the .aml extension. Do I need to add the .aml to both DDST and SSDT, as well as the .dat to the the numbered lower case ssdt file to complete the disassembly?

Sorry for the stupid questions, as I said I don't spend much time with Terminal.

-Ron

The are all AML format (but without extensions). You can rename them all or just use them as is:

iasl -da DSDT* SSDT*

RehabMan, 

Okay, I am defiantly getting closer. When I disassemble the DSDT with iASL, it gives me a warning "iASL warning: there were 13 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 7 were resolved (6 unresolved). Additional ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble...etc." It only has two errors now when I compile it, so it's way better than the 201 errors I had when I started.

As Far as the SSDT's go, I have 6 of them now. How do I combine them into 1 to use to add patches?

I zipped all 7- disassembled files if you want to take a look at them yourself whenever you get a chance.

Thanks again for your help.

-Ron

Disassemble.zip

RehabMan, 

Okay, I am defiantly getting closer. When I disassemble the DSDT with iASL, it gives me a warning "iASL warning: there were 13 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 7 were resolved (6 unresolved). Additional ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble...etc." It only has two errors now when I compile it, so it's way better than the 201 errors I had when I started.

As Far as the SSDT's go, I have 6 of them now. How do I combine them into 1 to use to add patches?

I zipped all 7- disassembled files if you want to take a look at them yourself whenever you get a chance.

Thanks again for your help.

-Ron

There were no files in dynamic?

The rest of the unresolved symbols are probably inside of Windows or were in optional BIOS modules not present on your machine.

You can fix your two errors with these patches (they are simple line removal):

into_all method code_regex (Store\s\(\\_GPE\.MMTB.*) replaceall_matched begin // %1 end;
You do not "combine" SSDTs/DSDT into one file. You simply patch the ones you need to and include them as separate files.

Thanks again RehabMan, Most guys would have gotten frustrated with my questions by now and stopped responding.

The Dynamic folder is there, but empty.

Of course your patch work flawlessly and I now have a error free DSDT. Thanks!

I was not aware that more than 1 SSDT can be referenced during the boot. I thought it was just one DSDT and/or SSDT.

First goal is to get my LAN working. The Flex 15 uses a Reltek RTL8101E/RTL8102E   10ec/8136. I haven't any luck with any and all kext files I've found so far.

-Ron

Thanks again RehabMan, Most guys would have gotten frustrated with my questions by now and stopped responding.

The Dynamic folder is there, but empty.

Of course your patch work flawlessly and I now have a error free DSDT. Thanks!

I was not aware that more than 1 SSDT can be referenced during the boot. I thought it was just one DSDT and/or SSDT.

Secondary SSDTs named SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, etc.

First goal is to get my LAN working. The Flex 15 uses a Reltek RTL8101E/RTL8102E   10ec/8136. I haven't any luck with any and all kext files I've found so far.

-Ron

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296190-driver-for-realteks-rtl810x-fast-ethernet-series/

Thanks again RehabMan, but still no go with the RTL8100 kext. I used x-code to create the kext first but no go. Used the preconfigured kext, same result. Finally used the Debug kext and saved the system log file. 

No mater which kext I use, I get the Ethernet card to show in network config, but as "not connected" go to advanced and manually configure all entries and still get "not connected".

I am dual booting in pure UEFI (OS X 10.93/Win 8.1) so I place the kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/. I attaching the system log in case you have any ideas. You will see a "Wireless-AC Network Utility" in the log which is for the Edimax AC1200 USB Wireless NIC I'm using to get on line. I did not have it plugged in when I tried getting the internal NIC working.

-Ron

systemlog.log.zip

Thanks again RehabMan, but still no go with the RTL8100 kext. I used x-code to create the kext first but no go. Used the preconfigured kext, same result. Finally used the Debug kext and saved the system log file. 

No mater which kext I use, I get the Ethernet card to show in network config, but as "not connected" go to advanced and manually configure all entries and still get "not connected".

It could be your chip is not supported, but perhaps there is a setting that can be changed. You might contact Mieze and see if she has an idea. One common one is to disable EEE. But there could be others. Also, you should make sure you have no other kexts installed for that device.

I am dual booting in pure UEFI (OS X 10.93/Win 8.1) so I place the kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/. I attaching the system log in case you have any ideas. You will see a "Wireless-AC Network Utility" in the log which is for the Edimax AC1200 USB Wireless NIC I'm using to get on line. I did not have it plugged in when I tried getting the internal NIC working.

You should also install the kext to /S/L/E (as would be done on a real mac). I've noticed trouble injecting kexts, especially network kexts.

Also, make sure you added the network interface via SysPrefs->Network. It doesn't happen automatically.