Intel HD Graphics 4600 Can't change brightness.

Raff7M

166 posts in this topic

man still the same -_- it seems not going to work ever :/ I dissassembled them in linux once and osx once the same result

Make sure you're using a recent build of iasl. And make sure you're disassembling with 'iasl -da *.aml' with your current directory set to where all your SSDTs *and* DSDT is. Because I just disassembled all the files you had in Files (I ignored the dsl directory) and the resulting SSDT4.dsl compiles without error.

The ssdt4.dsl you have in dsl\ appears to be disassembled without the DSDT as context (that's where GPRW is defined).

Attention to detail, and it will work...

Make sure you're using a recent build of iasl. And make sure you're disassembling with 'iasl -da *.aml' with your current directory set to where all your SSDTs *and* DSDT is. Because I just disassembled all the files you had in Files (I ignored the dsl directory) and the resulting SSDT4.dsl compiles without error.

The ssdt4.dsl you have in dsl\ appears to be disassembled without the DSDT as context (that's where GPRW is defined).

Attention to detail, and it will work...

THEN WHY YOU NO SEND ME THE FILES XD isn't it faster ?

THEN WHY YOU NO SEND ME THE FILES XD isn't it faster ?

You need to learn. If I do your work for you, you learn nothing and are still a dependent.

This is not the last time you'll need to patch your DSDT...

Here, do this:

- download your *own* files in post #75.

- the ZIP, Files.zip, will download to your 'Downloads' folder

- decompress Files.zip by double clicking in Finder

- open Terminal

- type:

cd ~/Downloads/Files
iasl -da *.aml
open ssdt4.dsl ssdt5.dsl
- MaciASL is now open with both ssdt4.dsl and ssdt5.dsl.

- Activate each Window, in turn, and click Compile.

Report the result here.

• Like 1

You need to learn. If I do your work for you, you learn nothing and are still a dependent.

This is not the last time you'll need to patch your DSDT...

Here, do this:

- download your *own* files in post #75.

- the ZIP, Files.zip, will download to your 'Downloads' folder

- decompress Files.zip by double clicking in Finder

- open Terminal

- type:

cd ~/Files
iasl -da *.aml
open ssdt4.dsl ssdt5.dsl
- MaciASL is now open with both ssdt4.dsl and ssdt5.dsl.

- Activate each Window, in turn, and click Compile.

Report the result here.

iasl -da *.aml I can't use this in os x terminal iasl -da *.aml

i guess iasl is not installed on osx how to ?? (am really sorry for my noobness :( )

iasl -da *.aml I can't use this in os x terminal iasl -da *.aml

i guess iasl is not installed on osx how to ?? (am really sorry for my noobness :( )

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/189272-dsdt-disasscompile-newest-iaslme-iasl-juli-11th-2012/

Read towards the end of the thread so you really have a recent version.

If it doesn't work, I can provide one from my system here (I build it from Intel source code).

Copy it to your path (eg. /usr/bin).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/189272-dsdt-disasscompile-newest-iaslme-iasl-juli-11th-2012/

Read towards the end of the thread so you really have a recent version.

If it doesn't work, I can provide one from my system here (I build it from Intel source code).

Copy it to your path (eg. /usr/bin).

YOU ARE THE MANNNNNN! IT WORKED! but not with fn keys only manually I don't really mind but if there is a easy way.. no problem! :P

YOU ARE THE MANNNNNN! IT WORKED! but not with fn keys only manually I don't really mind but if there is a easy way.. no problem! :P

You can probably make the keys work too. It can be a bit involved and depends on which trackpad is in your laptop (as that determines which keyboard driver you're using).

Synaptics

OK, so you should be using my driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

And there is a lot of support for dealing with the Fn+fkeys in my driver...

First step is to determine if you get a PS2 code from the keys in question. Install the debug version of my driver, then reboot. Monitor system.log from Console.app while you press the keys. Do you see a code as you do from other keys?

If you don't see a code, then the keys are handled via ACPI, which sends us down a different path...

OK, so you should be using my driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

And there is a lot of support for dealing with the Fn+fkeys in my driver...

First step is to determine if you get a PS2 code from the keys in question. Install the debug version of my driver, then reboot. Monitor system.log from Console.app while you press the keys. Do you see a code as you do from other keys?

If you don't see a code, then the keys are handled via ACPI, which sends us down a different path...

It seems to be handled via ACPI, is there a way for them to work?

They seems to be handled via ACPI, is there a way for them to work?

I assume you see output for other keys (eg. normal keys and audio control), but not your brightness keys. It is typical of most modern laptops. Next step is to determine what ACPI methods are called. Involves temporary patches to DSDT with debug traces.

Here's how:

- see: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

- install the ACPIDebug.kext

- add the repo to MaciASL

- patch DSDT with "Add DSDT Debug Methods"

- patch DSDT with "Instrument EC queries"

Make sure that you edit your DSDT.dsl, not DSDT.aml. If you open DSDT.aml, you may have errors to fix, but if you open your previously patched DSDT.dsl it will compile without errors.

Now reboot with your new DSDT in place (eg. use File Save As, EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml, format ACPI Machine Language Binary).

Then look at system.log from Console.app, filter for ACPIDebug if you want (so you see only ACPIDebug messages). Then press the keys. You should see output that indicates which EC methods are being called as you press the keys. After you determine which method corresponds to which brightness key, we can craft a patch for it.

I assume you see output for other keys (eg. normal keys and audio control), but not your brightness keys. It is typical of most modern laptops. Next step is to determine what ACPI methods are called. Involves temporary patches to DSDT with debug traces.

Here's how:

- see: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

- install the ACPIDebug.kext

- add the repo to MaciASL

- patch DSDT with "Add DSDT Debug Methods"

- patch DSDT with "Instrument EC queries"

Make sure that you edit your DSDT.dsl, not DSDT.aml. If you open DSDT.aml, you may have errors to fix, but if you open your previously patched DSDT.dsl it will compile without errors.

Now reboot with your new DSDT in place (eg. use File Save As, EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml, format ACPI Machine Language Binary).

Then look at system.log from Console.app, filter for ACPIDebug if you want (so you see only ACPIDebug messages). Then press the keys. You should see output that indicates which EC methods are being called as you press the keys. After you determine which method corresponds to which brightness key, we can craft a patch for it.

I didn't knew how to use the make to build the kext XD

and btw after patching dsdt...etc, the sound has gone even if the kext is in S/L/E

I didn't knew how to use the make to build the kext XD

No need to. Pre-built is provided. Read the README.

and btw after patching dsdt...etc, the sound has gone even if the kext is in S/L/E

This would not affect sound. Perhaps you didn't include some patches in the new DSDT.

Or perhaps you need to repair permissions & rebuild cache.

No need to. Pre-built is provided. Read the README.

This would not affect sound. Perhaps you didn't include some patches in the new DSDT.

Or perhaps you need to repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Sound looks switched automatically to HDMI output... it's working...

this is the output of system.log

Jun 12 05:18:20 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q11 enter"
Jun 12 05:18:20 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q11 exit"
Jun 12 05:18:21 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q12 enter"
Jun 12 05:18:21 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q12 exit"

Sound looks switched automatically to HDMI output... it's working...

this is the output of system.log

Jun 12 05:18:20 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q11 enter"

Jun 12 05:18:20 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q11 exit"

Jun 12 05:18:21 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q12 enter"

Jun 12 05:18:21 Raffis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q12 exit"

Which one is brightness up and which one is brightness down?

Q11 is down Q12 Up

DSDT patch:

into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;

into method label _Q12 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;

DSDT patch:

into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;

into method label _Q12 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;

Man I really don't know how to thank you... You are great professional!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart :D

Man I really don't know how to thank you... You are great professional!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart :D

Glad it worked... You will now want to create a DSDT without debug traces in it (eg. no RMDT stuff). You can leave ACPIDebug.kext or delete it, doesn't matter. And install the Release VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

• Like 1

Glad it worked... You will now want to create a DSDT without debug traces in it (eg. no RMDT stuff). You can leave ACPIDebug.kext or delete it, doesn't matter. And install the Release VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

OKAY SIR! 

Now my only small little problems is the

1-nullethernet... I did what you said in the readme but it looks like in the picture and I can't signin to appstore(connection failed)...

2-Installed UEFI bootloader and switched to UEFI mode in bios my HDD isn't being seen and hangs on black screen 

post-1358186-0-01705300-1402543587_thumb.jpg

OKAY SIR! 

Now my only small little problems is the

1-nullethernet... I did what you said in the readme but it looks like in the picture and I can't signin to appstore(connection failed)...

What real Ethernet chip is in your laptop?

What do you see in Network Utility?

2-Installed UEFI bootloader and switched to UEFI mode in bios my HDD isn't being seen and hangs on black screen

You installed Clover UEFI? What options did you use? What computer (manufacturer/model) is this (well, I know it is a Lenovo)?

Did you disable secure boot?

What real Ethernet chip is in your laptop?

What do you see in Network Utility?

You installed Clover UEFI? What options did you use? What computer (manufacturer/model) is this (well, I know it is a Lenovo)?

Did you disable secure boot?

The built in one is Realtek

The wifi USB is TP-Link WN723N V3

Yes, those options http://cloverboot.weebly.com/install-clover-to-usbhdd.html, Lenovo Ideapad Z510, Yes

post-1358186-0-80140600-1402545414_thumb.jpg

The built in one is Realtek

The wifi USB is TP-Link WN723N V3

Yes, those options http://cloverboot.weebly.com/install-clover-to-usbhdd.html, Lenovo Ideapad Z510, Yes

Are you talking about WiFi or Ethernet? Different things...

And by which Ethernet chip I mean exact vendor/device-id. Show a screen shot of DPCIManager->PCI List.

Are you talking about WiFi or Ethernet? Different things...

And by which Ethernet chip I mean exact vendor/device-id. Show a screen shot of DPCIManager->PCI List.

I want appstore on the usb wifi for sure.... I thought the NullEthernet is a trick or something so I can get to the appstore...XD

post-1358186-0-34957300-1402560284_thumb.jpg

I want appstore on the usb wifi for sure.... I thought the NullEthernet is a trick or something so I can get to the appstore...XD

Read carefully. Need "PCI List"...

That is what NullEthernet is for, but if your Ethernet device is supported, better to get it working instead.