ATI 5650m VGA widescreen resolution problem

elya

16 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! here's the problem:

I have installed on my acer aspire 7745g osx 10.9.3, and everything works fine (even the lvds screen with both intel graphics and ati 5650m) except for the resolutions on my external monitor VGA, widescreen. The higher resolution i can get without problem is 1600x1200, cause after that my mac display 1920x1200, but my monitor can support the last one. I already installed SwitchResX, but all i get is a half black screen cause the resolution can fit the monitor (as you can see in the screenshot, if i set 1920x1080, the best resolution for my monitor, it shows me like that, with almost half of the screen black...it seems that detect my monitor as a 4:3 display).

Someone can help me, please?

post-1300524-0-14744100-1402073335_thumb.jpg

Go into the TV options and move the picture to the left. It will probably be called Horizontal Position or something like that...

forgot to say that, i tried this too, but it move just a little to the left, not all the screen

maybe auto-correct in the settings?

Come on, dude, don't treat me like a stupid noob ahahahaha xD I already tried all this things, auto settings just remain the monitor as you can see in the screenshot. I tried ALL the basic things, but nothing to do, it's like os x detect my monitor as a 4:3 monitor...then, if i select any 16:9 resolution, it give me this error. Fristly i wanted to mod the Video Bios, and modify the 1600x1200 resolution in to 1920x1080, but i noticed that with ubuntu I don't have these issue, so it's just a osx problem…any ideas?

maybe a hdmi to vga adapter? 

I googled it months ago, asked around pc shops about this, but there is anything REALLY working, just dvi to hdmi, but vga to hdmi doesn't work at all, i even bought an adapter, but the monitor showed "no signal"

try  some diffrent framebuffers...

since i have this problem for a very long time, i tried every framebuffers existing, firstly all the suggested for my graphic card, then i tried everything else...I discovered that the only one who allows me to show both vga and internal display of the laptop was the "Flicker" one...

I noticed that with Ubuntu i don't have this issue...so I think it's a driver/kext problem, or something related..

Darn.

So maybe if the vga cable is deattached then reattatched?

i wish it was so simple too...i deattach and reattach the cable almost every day...but nothing to do, i'm sure this is a kext/driver issue, since with linux i don't have this problem...