Speedstep doesn't work (Intel Penryn T7300) [SOLVED]

maRRRco

33 posts in this topic

Bad news, if I remove nullcpu, also booting with clover I get kernel Panic:

HPET error, cpu not configured correctly bla bla bla

I don't understand, dsdt patch doesn't work, clover patch doesn't work, what is wrong with my system ? 

I'm so bored  :(  :(  :(

I attach my dsdt if someone want to give a look ... 

DSDT.zip

@maRRRco,

It's worth repairing permissions and rebuilding caches with kext utility every time you add or remove kexts like NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.  Also, to save the hassle, I would remove NullCPUPowerManagment.kext from /S/L/E of your hard drive and put it in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder of your Clover USB.  That way, you can experiment and choose during booting from USB whether to inject it or not.

Failing that, I have manually patched your DSDT from post#29 with DSDT Editor & its generic patches for ICH9 laptops (including LPC & HPET patches).  If using Clover, place in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder and remove the DSDT fixes from your config.plist.  If using chameleon from your hard drive, place it in your /Extra folder with your org.chameleon.boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist files.

Of course, remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext after confirming everything works.

Good Luck :)

maRRRcoDSDT.zip

@maRRRco,

It's worth repairing permissions and rebuilding caches with kext utility every time you add or remove kexts like NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.  Also, to save the hassle, I would remove NullCPUPowerManagment.kext from /S/L/E of your hard drive and put it in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder of your Clover USB.  That way, you can experiment and choose during booting from USB whether to inject it or not.

Failing that, I have manually patched your DSDT from post#29 with DSDT Editor & its generic patches for ICH9 laptops (including LPC & HPET patches).  If using Clover, place in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder and remove the DSDT fixes from your config.plist.  If using chameleon from your hard drive, place it in your /Extra folder with your org.chameleon.boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist files.

Of course, remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext after confirming everything works.

Good Luck :)

Oh thank you very very much, I'll report soon.

Anyway, did you find an Hpet patch in my dsdt ?

Because my dsdt posted was already patched with a method found in the web.

It's just to know if I used the wrong method, so for this reason I still got Hpet kernel panic.

Just a little digression before to try.

I'm doing tests with 10.9.0 but in the past I used 10.9.3.

With 10.9.3 I had to delete AppleHPET.kext to get usb working, but now, in 10.9.0 I haven't installed this kext at all !

So could be a relation between Hpet kernel panic and the missed kext ?

With 10.9.3 I had to delete AppleHPET.kext to get usb working, but now, in 10.9.0 I haven't installed this kext at all !

So could be a relation between Hpet kernel panic and the missed kext ?

This is the reason things haven't been working!  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement requires AppleHPET.kext in order to function.  Restore the native Mavericks kexts into /S/L/E of your hard drive with kext utility/kext wizard and try again with Clover.

The patched DSDT I provided may or may not work since you did not provide your native "untouched" DSDT in the first place...

PS I strongly recommend a "vanilla" install method using Apple Appstore Install Media rather than a distro like Niresh eg this All In One Vanilla OSX Guide or this AIO Guide.  Its very hard for others to help you if you have unknown/extra/patched or missing kexts in S/L/E, unknown configuration files or deleted something important like you have done above....

AppleHPET & AICPM kexts.zip

So, I got several Kernel Panic with Hpet error because AppleHPET.kext was missing and not for a wrong patch?

Everytime the panic was about appleintelcpupowermanagement, but there wasn't any reference to HPET.kext not loaded for example ...

I never did a tests with this kext installed, I only know that with this kext and untouched dsdt my usb ports don't work.

So, the question is: the dsdt patch can cure this problem ? Are the two things related ?

Actually I don't know the real problem for my kernel panic, I only follow the wave of the suggestions found in this forum and everywhere on the web.

Anyway, I should try to install this kext, remove null cpu and leave patched dsdt, right ?
Real old Macs used T7350 cpu, so I think it's possibile to get thing working  :yes:

So, I got several Kernel Panic with Hpet error because AppleHPET.kext was missing and not for a wrong patch?  Yes

Anyway, I should try to install this kext, remove null cpu and leave patched dsdt, right ? Yes

Real old Macs used T7350 cpu, so I think it's possibile to get thing working  :yes:

Deleting AppleHPET.kext definitely disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.  @macgirl had the same HPET kernel panics fixed by restoring AICPM & AppleHPET.kext - see this post.

Your USB problems might be related to DSDT, might be some USB driver/kext Niresh installs - please try Vanilla install as suggested above.

Boot with patched DSDT or Clover dynamically patched DSDT and the original kexts restored (+ remove NullCPUPowerManagement)....

WORKS !!!!!!! Finally native power management !!

AppleHpet.kext was the trick.

I have installed it, and then patched the dsdt to get usb working (fix found in the web easily).

Deleted nullcpu without to patch Appleintelcpupowermanagement and job done.

I don't really know if Hpet panic fix in dsdt is necessary, maybe I need only the Hpet.ketx, but now every things seem to work good.

Anyway, Mavericks runs hotter then Windows also with native power management, but I can see probably a good difference between Pstate and what Apple management does.

Thanks very very much everyone.