Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Clean audio..... vmware OSX ML

1 post in this topic

:) I am new to this forum and mac osx.... but just wanted to share info.

vmware workstation on windows:

config(host pc): core i5, 4gb ram, win 7 64 bit 

mountain lion audio is lagging, choppy....(clicking sound more in bass frequencies)

tried everything ensonique etc.. nothing worked....

Tried on another laptop: dell inspiron 15 

core i3 4th gen 4010u 1.7ghz, 4gb ram(expanding to 8 gb), haswell series,

running ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit(Legacy mode.. NOT UEFI), vmware workstation 10, osx ML vmware image used... 150 gb, 3 gb ram, running under vmware 8.x compatibility(otherwise keyboard does not work), installed vmware tools(1366x768) but only 32 mb :( but graphics is just ok. 

installed ensonique driver... edited the vmx file.

device is "hdaudio" not "es1371" , surprisingly worked in both modes. Guess es1371 uses virtual device hence the lag due to timing issues. filename changed to "front: card=PCH,DEV=0" taken output from the command aplay -L. Now audio is clean vlc tested all bit rates. going to try Logic Pro X finally...