InsanelyMac Forum
entropid

RTL8188CUS and 802.1X

Hello

I've recently bought a WLAN USB adapter for my Hackintosh (VAIO FZ11Z): EDUP EP-N8508 with chipset Realtek RTL8188CUS.

(Unfortunately there are no drivers available for the built-in wireless card, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG)

It works perfectly with WEP and WPA/WPA2 hotspots, but I can't make it work with 802.1X.

That protocol is supported by the chipset (in fact, it's working in Windows) but on OS X there's no option for that in the Wireless Network Utility

I tried installing wpa_supplicant on OS X with no luck, since it's not really supported (despite their claims) and it doesn't compile. Well, with some edits it does compile but it doesn't work. 

Does anyone know any way to solve/work this around?

Thank you.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nuis
      Hello,
      I am coming from this thread http://www.insanelym...hackintoshable/ and
      got osx 10.8.3 running on my Laptop Asus N56VZ with the image file from http://ukrainianipho...&st=20&start=20 (mentioned in the thread)
      :
      My internal wifi card (Atheros AR9485) is not working, so i decided to buy a usb wifi dongle: Digitus DN-7042 (based on Realtek chipset RTL8188CUS)
      I installed drivers from here: http://www.realtek.c...&Downloads=true (RTL8188CUS for 10.8)

Now first: it is somehow "half" working. I can see available networks in the wireless utility, but fail to manually connect (see no other option at all).
      There is also no wifi icon and network preferences says cable not plugged when selecting the wifi dongle!?

I made some screenshots. The kext files that appear in extensions folder after install are somehow strangely named RTL8192CU8.kext and RTL8192SU8.kext (not matching the name of the chipset)

Maybe someone can give me a hint or point in some direction what to try next maybe.
      If i can provide more info i would be glad to do (just not very familiar how osx handles driver stuff and where to look)

Thanks for any input

• By Basaa
      Hi all,

I now have finally Mountain Lion 10.8.2 running on my laptop (Acer Aspire 7750G). Everything works great, except my ethernet. It works fine when I'm at home, but at school, I need to authenticate using 802.1x. When I plugin in my connector, I get an IP from the DHCP server, and I can even ping websites (google.com, for example). But, I cannot visit websites, or do anything else related to the internet. Normally, when I am on Windows, I have to enable the Wired Autoconfig service, and then Windows askes me for my credentials (school-ID and password). On Mac, however, I don't get this kind of screen. Also when I try to make a profile using IPCU, it doesn't work. It gives me 'Could not connect to the authenticating server'. It's really annoying, as wireless internet is one big derp at school. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!

˜Basaa