Hp compaq dc7900.. Core 2 duo e8400 3ghz, 4gb of ram.

musiclover7

2 posts in this topic

I have not yet purchased a video card for this system, though I gladly will if this is all doable. So far, it has been nothing but struggle. There are some success stories out on the internet, so I have the sense that this is doable. I am mainly getting hung up creating the install disk, or finding a working install disk online.

I have tried various versions of iatkos, or ideneb... I downloaded a few niresh builds. I cannot get to the point where I can even install. I got to a point where I could run disk utility, but it stated that my install disk was scratched or needed to be cleaned.. Burning another did not help. So really, I am still at square one.

I tried various methods I could find to create a bootable USB drive using a windows computer, but none of them have worked. I don't have a Mac computer to use to make this happen. If I could even get a copy of lion or snow leopard installed, then likely I could probably use that to create the disks I am needing. Anyways.. This machine is going to be for my daughter who starts high school next year.

Any help anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Im assuming you gave up? since there was no help here to be found?

I am doing the same install on the same PC, if you did and are still reading this. Reply.

James