Please help with installing Win8 core on S3-391 for dual boot

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293574-beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd/

to get a dual boot Mav/W8 installed with clover on my S3-391.

The Mav and clover install was no problem.

But when I go to install W8 (I'm using a W8 Core OEM that I could find) it won't let me install.  I get the same errors as Frankie on page 2 of that thread,

When I use the same method as him (dism method), I can install windows 8 but it keeps on thinking it is the Pro version.

I have hashed the iso's that I downloaded and they match the Core OEM versions that I find on the web everywhere.  So now I'm stuck with not being able to install a W8-core that I can activate using the key in the bios.

Can someone help point me in the right direction.

I too am pulling my hair out one at a time, very sloooowly...

Any help?

to summarize,

I have verified my ISO is legit from Microsoft, this is the one I am using (although named different, hash matches):
File Name: en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 1CE53AD5F60419CF04A715CF3233F247E48BEEC4

All of the multiboot guides I have found don't work as stated in those guies. (eg.This one, or this other one)
The install recognizes the bios key and I don't need to enter the key. But I always get errors like "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one..." or if I create new partitions in DISKPART, then try to install using the GUI installer, I'll get 0xc000005 when the installer tries to copy files.

Then I try to use the DISM Method to install W8 but it always thinks it is a pro version, and my bios key is the core version.

• 1 month later...

You need to specify the proper index when using DISM method  :P

Instead of this:

dism /apply-image /imagefile:D:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:C:\

You need to use this:

dism /apply-image /imagefile:D:\sources\install.wim /index:2 /applydir:C:\