Generating DSDT to use on Hackintosh

phillmont22900

8 posts in this topic

Howdy everyone!

This guide is perfect for you guys that are going to install Hackintosh (in this guide, I would say "Mac") on a PC/notebook that is not really popular and difficult to find out the right DSDT for your PC.

Requirements:

- Windows 7 or later installed on your PC directly, by "directly" I mean full-install, not VM.

- Mac (of course).

- MaciASL or DSDT Editor or EvOSx86's DSDTFixer (may preferable).

- AIDA64 for Windows. (I would suggest AIDA64 Extreme)

Note: AIDA64 is currently on version 4. Look out for version 3, because ACPI Tools has been removed on version 4 and later.

The steps:

1. Get to Windows. Run AIDA64.

2. Right-click the AIDA64's status bar and click on "ACPI Tools".

3. Another new window will be opened. Now click "Save DSDT".

Note: If you want to save SSDT, XSDT, or other, you may want to click "Save Table" and choose.

4. New file will be saved onto your computer. It should be "acpi_dsdt.bin".

5. Rename the new file to "DSDT.aml".

6. Boot up to your Mac.

7. Open DSDT.aml using MaciASL (or what you use).

8. Click "Compile" and look for errors. There should not be any errors.

9. If there is no errors, continue and save the DSDT. If you want to add some code, add it up and Compile again.

10. Once your DSDT.aml is saved without errors, copy it to "/Extra" and reboot.

11. Congratulations! Your Mac should now boot using the right DSDT.

Troubleshooting

If you get Kernel Panics on reboot, simply use DSDT=NULL boot flags on the bootloader and boot up. Once Mac boots up without DSDT, check the problems using MaciASL (or what you use).

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say this but, except how to extract ACPI tables, your guide has no useful information in it and on top of that, is misleading.

While I applaud the initiative, I'd very much prefer to see something new, and useful. We already have pinned topics in the DSDT forums that show how to extract DSDT.

About step 10: It is not necessary to do anything to get Chameleon to read /Extra/dsdt.aml. If it's there, Chameleon will read it.

As Poke says, simply placing an extracted dsdt.aml in /Extra does nothing. OS X already reads and uses your unpatched DSDT.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...